Beer Cans

beachpeaz

As stewards of the land the only thing we can do is lead by example.  Documenting your trash pick up will make more aware of the subject. 

Sounds like we need a trash pick up thread to show not only how bad our woods can get but the fact that we as hunters and outdoors men and women are the keepers of the land and that we respect it and clean it better than anyone.   

No one will ever protect the lands as well we can and do.  Lets document it in pictures! 

• Like 3

Never touch the stuff, strictly a Boone's Farm Strawberry Ripple drinker. But I appreciate the science you offered in your reply.

Thats too bad.  As one of the most expensive beers you can buy, you shold give it a try.  You shouldn't judge.

Mississippi is disgusting for this. So much worse than what I've seen in NY. Most I do believe are not people actively hunting but those driving around the dirt roads or after they get out.

I tend to think that most of the beer cans are not from hunters as well, it's the slobs who can't control themselves and need to drink and drive around for one reason or another, they just get rid of the evidence as they go along......suck one down and toss the can out of the window, and when they stop and urinate on the roadside they toss whatever else they want to get rid of........I was driving behind a car a few weeks back and watched as they tossed out the wrappers from whatever fast food they were chowing down on, and it was the kids in the back seat, who were obviously taught that by the adult slobs who were driving.

• Like 1

I tend to think that most of the beer cans are not from hunters as well, it's the slobs who can't control themselves and need to drink and drive around for one reason or another, they just get rid of the evidence as they go along......suck one down and toss the can out of the window, and when they stop and urinate on the roadside they toss whatever else they want to get rid of........I was driving behind a car a few weeks back and watched as they tossed out the wrappers from whatever fast food they were chowing down on, and it was the kids in the back seat, who were obviously taught that by the adult slobs who were driving.

I'd be lying if I said I never got out of the woods and didn't crush a cold one from the cooler in the truck. So, I'm sure I'm not alone. But never in a million years have I not put the can back in the cooler. 1 beer is not evidence of anything. Just people being the a55sholes they are in my opinion.

Lol- yeah, I'm reminded of that every time I find a pair of those long blaze orange field dressing gloves..., or scent wicks and canisters..., or "crappy socks" around here.

on unscouted or public land, they're great for finding your way back to the downed deer if you've made a trip to get the cart. but i always try and tuck them back inside the cavity. they do fall out sometimes. What I don't like seeing though is when they're in the middle of a gut out.

heck i dont even like gut outs. I kick leaves and sticks on them.

I'd be lying if I said I never got out of the woods and didn't crush a cold one from the cooler in the truck. So, I'm sure I'm not alone. But never in a million years have I not put the can back in the cooler. 1 beer is not evidence of anything. Just people being the a55sholes they are in my opinion.

oh no,I'm not talking about things like that, I'm talking about the ones who pick up a 12 pack and cruise around consuming the whole thing and toss the trash so it doesn't build up in their car...obviously the only evidence needed would be their drunkenness.

I don't know whether they are poor or not...do agree about the rich...but there are a lot of "Bud"drinkers out there and way too many TimHorton coffee drinkers...You'd think living on a hill where engines are smoking by the time they hit our place...this wouldn't be a problem...but for some strange reason we get traffic all day and night...what's up with these guys that just stop and whizz in the middle of the road!!! HEY the mailbox is a clue someone lives here....

I don't know whether they are poor or not...do agree about the rich...but there are a lot of "Bud"drinkers out there and way too many TimHorton coffee drinkers...You'd think living on a hill where engines are smoking by the time they hit our place...this wouldn't be a problem...but for some strange reason we get traffic all day and night...what's up with these guys that just stop and whizz in the middle of the road!!! HEY the mailbox is a clue someone lives here....

Taking a whizz in the middle of the road is pretty mild stuff compared to the piles of stuff that I have found in the middle of my driveway, topped by a nice little dollop of toilet paper or something that served that purpose. People are pigs!

Every Spring, I have an annual duty of cleaning up the road frontage where people have knowingly and purposely rolled their window down and pitched their garbage out the window. Nice people!

Not to be off topic, your shed hunting and come across stands with beer cans under them, stands left up o n state.land is illegal, so assume private property,now having to assume you have permission to be there, if you do why would you not confront the hunters responsible? I can't see being around any person that drinks while hunting,don't mind back at camp.end of the day...

• Like 1

Not to be off topic, your shed hunting and come across stands with beer cans under them, stands left up o n state.land is illegal, so assume private property,now having to assume you have permission to be there, if you do why would you not confront the hunters responsible? I can't see being around any person that drinks while hunting,don't mind back at camp.end of the day...

Gman Im with you on a couple of beers ??? But your body or gets rid of one beer or drink per hour !!!

So for the guys that drink at hunting camp till midnight and wake a four they are still drunk.. And have no busienes being in the woods the woods,, so many people think they are ok and they are legally drunk while hunting!!!! It's scary stuff !!!! JMHO

My guys will bring down a case at beginning of bow and we still have a 6 pack at end of gun, one or two with or after dinner, is all that is drunk if at all, my guys come to hunt not drink, in bed by 9 or 10 and up at 5... If they wanted to party they wouldn't be welcome..

• Like 2

I am still picking up beer bottles in my woods from people that hunted here before we bought the properties...this after taking a pick up bed filled with Genesee short bottles to the dump. No exaggeration about that. Not found in one area....but scattered every where one could possibly walk. I found 2 more and a disinigrated green Genesee can this past week. I'm surprised more shooting accidents had not happened in the area.

If I found them on my property, from an illegal hunter / stand, there would be fury on that person.  Not just from the drinking, but I would never allow someone to illegally put it up on my property to begin with.

My shed hunting is mostly on either public land (not neccessarily state land, which is irrelevant because littering is littering) or on private property not owned by me (to which I have shed hunting access to).  For all I know, the owner of the property is the slob who made the mess, but that is not my business since I don't hunt that property, just look for sheds with their permission.  If I hunted the property and was out with the owner, and he was drinking and hunting, I would find somewhere else to go.   I dont' need to be around people like that.

I would not EVER be out in a hunting environment around people who consume alcohol durng the act of, or before the act of hunting.  At the end of the day, with moderation (a beer with dinner) ok, but that wasn't what my rant was about.  It was about finding them in the woods and most commonly by tree stands, which would infer (and yes, I am making an educated guess), that they were consumed during the act of hunting.  I don't see someone being done hunting and deciding to shimmy up a tree after dark just to drink beer and chuck cans.

My guys will bring down a case at beginning of bow and we still have a 6 pack at end of gun, one or two with or after dinner, is all that is drunk if at all, my guys come to hunt not drink, in bed by 9 or 10 and up at 5... If they wanted to party they wouldn't be welcome..

I like to have cocktails, but refrain all together while at hunting camp.  I am in bed by 8:30 or 9 and up at the crack of dawn, I don't need to consume alchol in that environment.

There are guys at camp who (like mentioned) will have a drink or 2 after the day is complete, which I'm fine with.

In general, I don't like hanging around people who drink too much.  I'm not 18...er....21 any more....

Back to my original rant though, and not to get into a moral conversation about consuming alcohol, I was just frustrated at that situation:  The littering and the APPARENT possibility of drinking WHILE hunting.  I have ZERO tolerance for those 2 things.  The rest you could ask 50 people and get 50 different opinions.  Thats not my place to judge.

Back to my original rant though, and not to get into a moral conversation about consuming alcohol, I was just frustrated at that situation:  The littering and the APPARENT possibility of drinking WHILE hunting.  I have ZERO tolerance for those 2 things.  The rest you could ask 50 people and get 50 different opinions.  Thats not my place to judge.

I don't think that a lot of these people ever think about the impact littering has on the landowner, and how our difficult hunting access problems can be made even worse by this kind of landowner abuse. If we want access to private land to open up, the best thing that we can all do is to make sure that we act properly when using someone else's land. The quickest way to see those posted signs go up is to be throwing crap all over a guy's land.

Relative to the drinking and hunting, I think we have discussed that and found laws regarding that. There is no question that this is unacceptable. People show enough poor judgment even when they are sober without adding intoxication to the mix.

• Like 2