DEC Site Down Not able to get Fishing License

88GW

Has anyone experienced this?  I went twice in the past week, once to Dicks and another time to Wal-mart to get my fishing license. Both times the system had crashed and I was unable to get my fishing license.  I am hoping to get it today since I will be fishing this weekend.

I had some friends drive out from Rhode Island to fish last year and they couldn't get a license. We went out anyway, I figured a CO would understand. Luckily we didnt run into one

Not willing to take the chance for the fines you might get.

I was kind of mad now, that I let the guy at Walmart talk me out of getting the fishing license last fall when I got my hunting license like I have always done in the past. Luckily the Walmart computer was up today and I was able to get one. Does anyone know if you can buy a fishing license early and get the full 365 days tacked onto the end of the year you paid for? If so, I will just buy everything at the end of August again. The less time standing in line waiting for a computer the better.