Dreading the end of Deer Season .

fasteddie

I am 100% bummed about Deer season being over.  :-[ I got a quick taste of late season and fell in love this past weekend, wish it was longer. Every year I go through this, thats why I started with the predator hunting, but its just not the same. Hopefully Ill start feeling better when I start getting out after the dogs. I told my fiance last night that theres only 9 months left till bow season starts. She looked at me like Im nuts.

I am 100% bummed about Deer season being over.  :-[ I got a quick taste of late season and fell in love this past weekend, wish it was longer. Every year I go through this, thats why I started with the predator hunting, but its just not the same. Hopefully Ill start feeling better when I start getting out after the dogs. I told my fiance last night that theres only 9 months left till bow season starts. She looked at me like Im nuts.

We need one of those count down clock on here...."272 days til bow season"..lol

Me too!! But looking forward to spring Turkey now.  Also now after having 1 season under my belt on the new property I can move some stands after seeing where the deer are traveling.  I found a few trails this weekend after taking some walks that would make perfect bow stand area's for next year. 

Like?  :)

For me in this stage of my life the wife, kids, parents, etc. are way more important to me.  Hunting is just a temporary escape for a couple of months each year.  I will think about next hunting season NEXT hunting season.  Over the years I have learned that one misses out on many things in life simply waiting for the next hunting season.

For me in this stage of my life the wife, kids, parents, etc. are way more important to me.  Hunting is just a temporary escape for a couple of months each year.  I will think about next hunting season NEXT hunting season.  Over the years I have learned that one misses out on many things in life simply waiting for the next hunting season.

I was joking :)

I was joking :)

Yeah, I know.  There are people out there who don't think about much else, however.  I had an uncle who I started out hunting with who dreamed about hunting 24/7.  Not much else interested him, which was really a shame.  Started thinking about next season the minute the season ended.  He got sick and died at 56.  He missed out on MANY things in life and I promised myself a good while ago now that I wouldn't follow the same path in my life.

Like?  :(

Debbie downer!

We need one of those count down clock on here...."272 days til bow season"..lol

John? You working on that yet????  :(

I for one am glad that it's over.  I wish deer hunting was the only thing I had to think and worry about but there are a lot more important things in every day life that need to take priority again.

I can't say that I am glad that it's over, but I am ready for it to be over. I don't think there is anything wrong with having diversified interests. Hunting will still be in my occasional thoughts and a lot of my winter and summer activities are related to hunting, and I certainly love discussing hunting and related subjects. But I never do lose sight of the fact that there is a lot more to life than just hunting. And when the season is officially over, I have no problem putting it away and changing focus to other things. In fact I put deer hunting away the other day and never felt a drop of remorse.

Doc

I for one am glad that it's over.  I wish deer hunting was the only thing I had to think and worry about but there are a lot more important things in every day life that need to take priority again.

I can't say that I am glad that it's over, but I am ready for it to be over. I don't think there is anything wrong with having diversified interests. Hunting will still be in my occasional thoughts and a lot of my winter and summer activities are related to hunting, and I certainly love discussing hunting and related subjects. But I never do lose sight of the fact that there is a lot more to life than just hunting. And when the season is officially over, I have no problem putting it away and changing focus to other things. In fact I put deer hunting away the other day and never felt a drop of remorse.

Doc

What makes me glad that it's over most of all is that there won't be anymore 3 hour drives to my hunting property.  Have had my fill of these drives for this year, that's for sure.