In the discussion "Is it Real?", the hamlet of Islamberg in the Town of Hancock was a hot topic. From today's Oneonta Daily Star: Man admits plot to massacre local Muslims

I've attached a pdf of the front page. This is a quote:

"Hancock Town Attorney Leonard Sienko Jr. said Islamberg residents have been the victims of anti-Muslim propaganda “regurgitated” by Fox News. The residents, in actuality, have  been good neighbors, he said. “The danger here is from folks like Mr. Doggart, not the folks from Islamberg,” Sienko told The Daily Star."

the_daily_star_20150519_A001.pdf

Doggart sounds like a lunatic.  Not much more to say about him other than I hope they continue to keep an eye on him within reason not to make him crack and go nuts prematurely.  On the flip side I wonder if they're all peaceful and happy.  If a white guy were to just be passing through but maybe stop for lunch and gas, I wonder how many looks or comments similar to "why are you here" would he get? or how about a white lady in a summer dress?  Similar to doing to same in more of an area known for violence, the "the wrong side of town", the "hood", or "ghetto".  I don't know how welcomed you'd be, but I've never been there.

Time will tell if they are all just peaceful people who pose no threat.

Of course, we could determine if they might be a threat right now, if anyone, including law enforcement, were even allowed past the front gates.

Nothing to see here folks.  Move along.

• Like 1

NY police commissioner wants 450 more cops to fight against jihadis

The Islamic State threat, says Bratton, “has expanded significantly in the now 16 months I’ve been police commissioner.” He also says: “The significantly increased threat from ISIS using social media to recruit people not only to go to Syria to fight, but encouraging people … to attack police, to attack government officials, to basically brainwash them under their screwed-up ideology.” He doesn’t explain why this “screwed-up ideology” is so appealing to so many young Muslims.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/05/ny-police-commissioner-wants-450-more-cops-to-fight-against-jihadis

White House steps up warnings about jihad terrorism on U.S. soil

Alarmed about the growing threat from Islamic State, the Obama administration has dramatically stepped up warnings of potential terrorist attacks on American soil after several years of relative calm.

Behind the scenes, U.S. authorities have raised defenses at U.S. military bases, put local police forces on alert and increased surveillance at the nation’s airports, railroads, shopping malls, energy plants and other potential targets.

Driving the unease are FBI arrests of at least 30 Americans on terrorism-related charges this year in an array of “lone wolf” plots, none successful, but nearly all purportedly inspired by Islamic State propaganda or appeals.

The group’s leader, Abu Bakr Baghdadi, drove home the danger in a 34-minute audio recording released online Thursday. He urged Muslims everywhere to “migrate to the Islamic State or fight in his land, wherever that may be.”

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/05/white-house-steps-up-warnings-about-jihad-terrorism-on-u-s-soil

Edited by Papist

Time will tell if they are all just peaceful people who pose no threat.

Of course, we could determine if they might be a threat right now, if anyone, including law enforcement, were even allowed past the front gates.

Nothing to see here folks.  Move along.

Wouldn't you be leading the protest against violations of our rights, if this was a christian or just plain old American militia compound?

• Like 1

If a white guy were to just be passing through but maybe stop for lunch and gas, I wonder how many looks or comments similar to "why are you here" would he get? or how about a white lady in a summer dress? 

Try doing that in Kiryas Joel.   Or any of the other dozen communities exactly like it.

I like that. "Nothing" the Daily Star put at the top on page one. Yes, "move along". We don't want anyone to know what is actually going on. It doesn't fit with our beliefs.

Beliefs? What's actually going on?

Interesting choice of words. Interesting that you fellers feel more comfortable focusing your myopia on the rare and usually ancient cases of would-be, 'home-grown', apple pie terrorist. I assure you, the home-grown moniker will soon take on a very different connotation. It already has.

All this becomes ever more interesting when we have the heads of the both the FBI and NSA telling us our country is infested with ISIS wannabes. We have had multiple plots foiled and arrests carried out of actual Jihadists on our own shores in just the last year alone. We have one actual and confirmed ISIS attack on US soil in recent times. We have had several Muslim related beheadings on US soil in recent times also that the media won't talk about. We have foreign Mullahs using social media to stir up disaffected youth here.

I notice there was not a peep of condemnation for the recent Texas attack on behalf of the usual suspects here. Most of whom have already turned up for this sham of a thread. Flies around poop?

You fellers are hilarious.

Edited by Papist

Wouldn't you be leading the protest against violations of our rights, if this was a christian or just plain old American militia compound?

Nope, because IMO they wouldn't have anything to hide from law enforcement in the first place.  

In the 2nd place, there are plenty of legal reasons for any agency to want to enter the property that cannot be refused, especially when the agency gets a court order, like welfare and food stamp fraud, child protective services and domestic violence complaints, which have been reported at this camp.

For some strange reason, local LEO's have been ordered by the Feds to stand down on anything involving this place.

But I'm sure they don't pose any kind of a threat to anyone at all.

• Like 1

Nope, because IMO they wouldn't have anything to hide from law enforcement in the first place.  

In the 2nd place, there are plenty of legal reasons for any agency to want to enter the property that cannot be refused, especially when the agency gets a court order, like welfare and food stamp fraud, child protective services and domestic violence complaints, which have been reported at this camp.

For some strange reason, local LEO's have been ordered by the Feds to stand down on anything involving this place.

But I'm sure they don't pose any kind of a threat to anyone at all.

I do not believe you..lol..  Honestly?....  You actualy used the "if you don't not have anything to hide " argument?  really?  I do/did not believe you would go against your own values just because you do not like or trust a group.

Though, I am sure any of the reason you listed  could be put to work as an excuse to enter. It is done everyday to "regular" Americans when someone deems it necessary.  You and I would both rail against this i would think.

It is interesting when debating topics like this. It is all about perspective... Anything can be justified given the proper perspective.

• Like 1

And that proper perspective should bear in mind the type of violence we are seeing these days on our own shores.

I recognize the difference between government wanting to serve themselves, as opposed to wanting to protect US citizens, which is it's one and only primary responsibility.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

And that proper perspective should bear in mind the type of violence we are seeing these days on our own shores.

I recognize the difference between government wanting to serve themselves, as opposed to wanting to protect US citizens, which is it's one and only primary responsibility.

Foolishly probably , it does not keep me up at night. We should be vigilant, stop what we can, and smash those with a big hammer that get through.

Getting in a tizzy and letting loose on our restrictions is what got us to where we are.

• Like 1

It needs reminding that the Islameberg compound is officially under the banner of Muslims of America, who until the year 2000, were on the US official list of organizations that support or are aligned with terrorists.MOA is led by a radical cleric in Pakistan named Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani. The Department of Homeland Security says MOA is linked to Jamaat ul-Fuqra, a Pakistani militant group led by Gilani.

A former high-level MOA operative that was a NYPD informant says that MOA also has set up operations in Trinidad, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Venezuela. He said that the paramilitary training is now only given to a select group. He describes MOA as being cult-like and said that most of the children are taught privately on its premises and are illiterate. He says he witnessed vicious punishments, including the beating of a 50-year old woman, for violating the strict moral code set by Gilani.[11] Two former female MOA members were interviewed by a filmmaker in 2011 and told stories of abuse, polygamy, forced marriages, brainwashing and terrorist activity.[12

More info:

http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/muslims-americas-moa

Edited by Papist

In comment #7, I posted a link yesterday to an article that quotes the deputy sheriff of Deleware County, stating that he and his office have visited the site multiple times and have found no evidence to support the claims made about the people living there.

• Like 3

Maybe I'd give the article about the Delaware County Deputy Sheriff some credibility if they actually spelled his name correctly:

DuMond_Wide.jpg

Undersheriff
Craig S. DuMond

Perhaps they were quoting someone else, or trying to avoid being sued for slander. :rolleyes:  I know DuMond and have worked with him.  I do not believe anything that article claims he said.

Here's an article from Canada about the place.  Believe what you like.

http://canadafreepress.com/2007/cover061107h.htm

• Like 1

VJP using a typo to disregard news. Lying to prove your point. and of course your application of our bill of rights where you please how you please. I too am wary but to say "violence these days" is stupid and ignorant of history or just ignoring history. When you speak you sound an a lot like the people who spoke against Jews in Europe prior to WW2. You spew "facts" and never qualify them. I understand that the core of our judicial system is innocent until proven guilty, something you seem to have forgotten. We all need to be cautious, cautious of hate on all sides including your hate of government.

Buzz, I do not hate government per se, as the Constitution and Bill of Rights are tools of it.

However, I despise this current lawless tyranny we call government today.

Innocent until proven guilty has always been something I support.  

However, ignoring allegations and failure to investigate such, is a crime.

• Like 1