How Canada sees America

This is Canada's comedian's (version of Letterman) Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.  We look like idiots!

# 10 Only in America... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 per plate Obama campaign fund-raising event.

# 09 Only in America... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black, 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!

# 08 Only in America... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

# 07 Only in America... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

# 06 Only in America... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens. (probably should be number one)

# 05 Only in America... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be called EXTREMISTS.

# 04 Only in America... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

# 03 Only in America... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

# 02 Only in America... could you collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of $7 Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

# 01 Only in America.... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

• Like 4

Maybe you should move to Canada then, so you could laugh at Americans right along with them?  

They've only got strict gun laws, higher taxes and a national healthcare system, so you'll probably fit in nicely up there.  LOL

I believe Canadian personal income tax brackets max out at 29% federal. US personal income tax brackets reach about 33%.  As for corporate taxes Canada is 26 percent today. The U.S. currently has a corporate tax rate of 39 percent. Hence canada has lower taxes compared to the US

also much smarter immigration policy

Edited by mmkay

I believe Canadian personal income tax brackets max out at 29% federal. US personal income tax brackets reach about 33%.  As for corporate taxes Canada is 26 percent today. The U.S. currently has a corporate tax rate of 39 percent. Hence canada has lower taxes compared to the US

also much smarter immigration policy

Canada also has a federal sales tax AND a provincial sales tax.  The Canadians definitely DO get more for their tax money, such as national healthcare, but most of you guys are against that.  Lets not even get into owning handguns and trying to carry them.  That alone would scare the 2nd amendment crowd away for good.

Its all in fun and the list is sad but true BUT………..

Only in Canada would a comedian be arrogant enough to mock the one nation that makes it possible for Canada to have an annual defense budget of around 12 dollars, and  keeps Canada from being invaded by a Girl Scout troop !! 

See…its all in fun LOL!!

• Like 1

Its all in fun and the list is sad but true BUT………..

Only in Canada would a comedian be arrogant enough to mock the one nation that makes it possible for Canada to have an annual defense budget of around 12 dollars, and  keeps Canada from being invaded by a Girl Scout troop !! 

See…its all in fun LOL!!

Canada is fine nation and good ally to the USA, they have supplied / lost troops in war against terror.

but you are right a girl scout troop and few dozen paralegals could take over that place in weeks.  Canadians blindly follow any rule that is written

This has nothing to do with Canada.  In fact that list wasn't written by a Canadian.   You can tell it wasn't because of:

"responsible for our tax code"

Why would a Canadian complaining about Timothy Geithner write "our" tax code?

Hint:  Because he was an American.

This copypasta has been circulating on the internet for years now and it's on roughly 70,000 pages now.   

• Like 2

This has nothing to do with Canada.  In fact that list wasn't written by a Canadian.   You can tell it wasn't because of:

"responsible for our tax code"

Why would a Canadian complaining about Timothy Geithner write "our" tax code?

Hint:  Because he was an American.

This copypasta has been circulating on the internet for years now and it's on roughly 70,000 pages now.   

BUT ITS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

To hell with those jerks up north for giving us Hayden Christenson and Jim Carrey. But I guess they made up for it by giving us Emmanuelle Chriqui, Colbie Smulder, and Bryan Adams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care if it's a Canadian or a Russian or somebody from the US. It is all true and makes some interesting points that some don't care to admit, think about, or see published by anyone, anywhere.

It's not the sort of thing where it makes a lot of sense to be shooting the messenger.

• Like 3

I don't care if it's a Canadian or a Russian or somebody from the US. It is all true and makes some interesting points that some don't care to admit, think about, or see published by anyone, anywhere.

It's not the sort of thing where it makes a lot of sense to be shooting the messenger.

I disagree. Shoot the messenger this time. He's a liar. I don't mean VJP. He just failed to fact check - something we are probably all guilty of. Shoot the original messenger.

We can all gain insight into our behavior and beliefs by listening to people from different backgrounds. And, we all like to read things that support what we believe. What a great combination when we find that support from beyond our normal political/ethnic/religious group.  The original poster intentionally lied to try to give his opinions more credibility. I say SHOOT HIM.

Forget who originally posted it.  Like Doc said, it's all true.

If anyone would care to pick apart the 10 items listed with some dissent, that would be worth reading.  Most of the replies to this post so far, are not.

• Like 1

To hell with those jerks up north for giving us Hayden Christenson and Jim Carrey. But I guess they made up for it by giving us Emmanuelle Chriqui, Colbie Smulder, and Bryan Adams.

Please dear god not Bryan Adams.  We're all forgetting Rush here.  Shame shame.

How about The Band (Up on Cripple Creek and The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down ) The Guess Who (American Woman), Neil Young, and Loverboy

Actresses Evangeline Lilly and A.J. Cook

Actors Rick Moranis, Martin Short, Mike Meyers, Michael J Fox

Anyone got a bottle of MooseHead beer around?

Funny thing, I was talking about needing ID for everything earlier today, even credit cards you could be asked for ID when using them.

College campus buildings at some colleges require showing ID (or swiping it at a scanner to open the door) to get in the building.  I am not talking dorms here, I am referring to buildings for classes, particularly ones that have labs (science and engineering).

Verizon asks for ID in the stores to sign-in for support when dealing with billing or account changes.

DEC asks for ID when doing hunting/fishing license checks.

ID to get on a plane.

Schools can ask for (or demand) ID before releasing your child to you.

Want to vote, step right up here to get your ballot.  All have to do sometimes is to give last name and say there I am, 3rd one down.

No ID needed to vote because the Democrats want it that way.  Many of the folks they want to vote their way don't have any ID, or are voting early and often.  I hear the left is even courting a new voting contingency called "Dead Democrats".

The sad part is, many Americans support not needing ID to vote.  They're all Leftists of course, but still considered Americans.  They don't mind the laughter from the rest of the world either.

Edited by Mr VJP

Forget who originally posted it.  Like Doc said, it's all true.

If anyone would care to pick apart the 10 items listed with some dissent, that would be worth reading.  Most of the replies to this post so far, are not.

What, you want a point by point breakdown of how every single one of those statements is just an opinion?   Then you want to argue those points?  No one cares about convincing you.   Sorry.