NYOD news..the site is...

growalot

Home subscription and .." A Done Deal"...It said messages on our boards labeled the plan as "war on bow-hunting" one hunter on Huntingny.com posted "They did have a public comment period; myself and the people I hunt with did not respond favorably.

And I was told  by a person from DEC that ALL comments during the period were answered. I know of 3 letters that weren't

You'll love the earn a buck dismissed article....remember me saying black mail...Ha! just read the DEC's comments....

So guys I still stand by don't let them black mail you...not once was the fact they didn't even have a release of tags to do what they want AT the TIME they want...smoke and mirrors and not even the least bit subtle about it...If they are allowed to do this successfully now......... what will they do next to black mail hunters?

Basically the DEC stated they were going to stick to their original 2012-2016 Whitetail Mgmt Plan. Regardless of all the controversy caused by their early bow & ML doe only proposed legislations. Also referenced the Cornell survey, you know where only ~2500 individuals responded to it!??! As growalot mentioned, they literally dismissed the earn-a-buck concept. Next step would be to have a portion of the regular season, doe only. That is if bow & ML hunters did NOT reduce the population sufficiently. 

The DEC is acting like the spoiled kid that owns the bat & ball. It'll be my way or no way! FUBAR! Politics at its' worst & at our expense!

So, to play that game, get all the DMPs you can, fill them out as harvests & report them, regardless if you actually kill any. Not like the DEC actually knows how many deer are really out there anyways.

• Like 2

Id rather see part of gun season as doe only if they need to kill off does. It would make more sense than bow season. Ill continue to hunt the way I hunt, starting October 16th.

Yup really changes nothing. Bow season goes back to where it used to be in those areas and any early season romps will not be in the areas they want hunters to be. This is going to do 2 things...1, Make hunters hunt in areas the DEC does not need them in and 2, hunters will still harvest whatever they want, whenever they want and will do it against the DEC.

• Like 1

Id rather see part of gun season as doe only if they need to kill off does. It would make more sense than bow season. Ill continue to hunt the way I hunt, starting October 16th.

I still can't understand why these dimwits can't see what they are doing and not one mention of expanding opportunities rather than reducing them. Imagine the draw of hunters into the desired areas if they said 2 week or 9 day season (two weekends) in early or mid September for a gun/doe only. I would knock on some doors to try and get permission in a new area that had new opportunities.

Im thinking they just dont know what to do, because their low hanging fruit strategy of flooding the areas with tags didnt work. They dont seem to care to listen to what people want, or look around at other states and take examples of good programs that work. They are completely blind to the fact that hunter satisfaction is going to make or break their "management plan". They need hunters to buy into the plan and carry it out. Thats not gonna work so well when they piss a large portion of hunters off, and make the hunters less willing to work with them.

This is what we get when politicians are running the show. We need a real wildlife management department in this state, thats run by qualified individuals.

• Like 1

Great article on the antlerless archery season, but I was terribly disappointed that the overwhelming question was not noted (unless I missed it). That question being that : If the DEC is truly concerned about what they call, "a critical need to boost the antlerless harvest in those units", why did they choose the most ineffective and inefficient season to do it in?

How can you do an article on this subject without mentioning that glaring question?

• Like 1