Why we get a bad name as Deer hunters.

First-light

Oh tiny antler..id be lieing if i said i didnt expect flack from those statements..freedom of religion buddy..i grew up with that

So now you are just trying to say things to stir things up? You make less and less sense with each post... stay with the topic dude!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ny..you commented on my religious comment..then went on to say how i voted 4 obama..who as far as im concerned  can try 4 yrs after the 8 good yrs gw threw down..the thread id what gives hunters a bad name..that video pails in comparison to abuse of land..meaning if theres no posted sighns then its ok to hunt without permission..tagging of deer illegally.i.e.sighning over of dmps..and the competitive edge it has formed among other hunters..people who pay thousands on equipment and cry when licences go up in price..

that video pails in comparison to abuse of land..meaning if theres no posted sighns then its ok to hunt without permission..tagging of deer illegally.i.e.sighning over of dmps..and the competitive edge it has formed among other hunters..people who pay thousands on equipment and cry when licences go up in price..

Now this I can agree with. I think because this is so public it has a more in your face affect. Just one point though....signing over permits isn't illegal

that video pails in comparison to abuse of land..meaning if theres no posted sighns then its ok to hunt without permission..tagging of deer illegally.i.e.sighning over of dmps..and the competitive edge it has formed among other hunters..people who pay thousands on equipment and cry when licences go up in price..

Now this I can agree with. I think because this is so public it has a more in your face affect. Just one point though....signing over permits isn't illegal

Holy crap- I think Pats buzz is finally starting to wear off! 8)

Right..but weve had trouble with party hunting round here.it starts with the dmp situation..legally you can only take 7 deer by my count..

1- bow/ml either sex

1-bow/ml antlerless only

1-Regular season

1- first choice doe permit

1- second choice doe permit

2-late draw extra permits

those are just my tags...now I could have 2 more doe permits signed over to me.

Based on what area you are in///hunt in---you may only get the first 3 and there are areas in the NZ that even restrict the antlerless take with bow/ML.

In my case I had all the above...and 2 DMAP's from my hunting lease.

So legally this year I could have taken 11 deer

OK guys, I work midnights and have to go to bed.  I didn't keep track of this thread for the past few days so now I am catching up and I am only up to page (or should I say Chapter) 7.  Seriously, I can't seem to put the computer down.  This is more entertaining than a slinky and a never ending flight of stairs.  Damn you guys I need some sleep.

Hey Pat, Why don't you start a new thread, we are getting off the subject. What makes you "snap" as a hunter, it's totally legit, go for it.

That way whoever wants to debate with you can and we'll give this thread a rest. I think we know where we all stand. This has turned from a serious thread to a game........

WOW... This ones still going huh  :P

Lol ..... This thread has spun right off into outer space. I don't think it is about the video anymore. Just random flailing around and insults .... ;D . Kind of fun, but doesn't seem to have much of a point anymore ::P .

There, just finished the whole thread.  All 18 pages.  I think that this whole thread gives hunters as bad of a name as that infamous video that started it does.  Seriously, a whole bunch of bickering, name calling, slander, etc.... you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.  Kind of makes me wonder if some of you guys will kill the Doctor because you don't agree with abortions.  At first I was entertained, now I'm nauseated. 

I read the whole thing in one sitting and you know what, the guys defending the video weren't defending it on an ethical ground.  Go back and start at the beginning.  Becareful because some of you will feel foolish, at least I would.  Blur and Pat Rockets got that it was in poor taste and a video like this gives a bad impression to nonhunters.  Guilt by association.  The only defense (which is a term loosely used) given was the fact that whether we like it or not Ramidawg didn't break a written law and had a legal right to do what he did.  They agreed that it lacked common sense, decency, and respect.  No one mentioned that it was a button buck, a fawn that he was so proud of killing. 

We as hunters know that he broke a hunters unwritten rule, respect for the game we pursue.  This guy isn't a hunter and anyone with common sense will know that Ramidawg isn't a hunter, only a guy who shot a deer. 

What should have happened is a collective effort to go to his site and post our disapproval in the comment section of the video and move on.  Instead we have a select group of guys carrying on on another public forum that can be viewed by anyone in the world.  You don't need to be a member to read this thread.  Whoever moderates this forum should seriously consider removing this thread from the site.

I disagree CW ... I thought it was a lot of fun debating the rocket and blur... it also brought out a lot about both the guys and what they really stand for... By now you guys ought to know that you won't catch me being too politically correct... we're all adults here and can handle a little name calling.. if you don't enjoy the thread go to another and leave it to the guys that want to keep up the argument... other than rockets profanity.. I thought most of the guys handled themselves just fine.. I was thoroughly entertained by the thread, if others weren't well there are plenty of other threads to explore.

ny, the first 7 or 8 pages I read as tongue/cheek bantering.  Guess it is all about perception.  I saw it evolve into childish ranting and if I see it that way, I'm sure others do too.

I can tell you this much, this thread added 1000+ hits on that video and that didn't need to happen.  But ultimately, you're right and I don't want to add any more to this black eye on an otherwise excellent forum.  I'll exclude myself from the playing on this thread and go back to the passing on yearlings (and now food plot) thread.

There, just finished the whole thread.  All 18 pages.  I think that this whole thread gives hunters as bad of a name as that infamous video that started it does.  Seriously, a whole bunch of bickering, name calling, slander, etc.... you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.  Kind of makes me wonder if some of you guys will kill the Doctor because you don't agree with abortions.  At first I was entertained, now I'm nauseated. 

I read the whole thing in one sitting and you know what, the guys defending the video weren't defending it on an ethical ground.  Go back and start at the beginning.  Becareful because some of you will feel foolish, at least I would.  Blur and Pat Rockets got that it was in poor taste and a video like this gives a bad impression to nonhunters.  Guilt by association.  The only defense (which is a term loosely used) given was the fact that whether we like it or not Ramidawg didn't break a written law and had a legal right to do what he did.  They agreed that it lacked common sense, decency, and respect.  No one mentioned that it was a button buck, a fawn that he was so proud of killing. 

We as hunters know that he broke a hunters unwritten rule, respect for the game we pursue.  This guy isn't a hunter and anyone with common sense will know that Ramidawg isn't a hunter, only a guy who shot a deer. 

What should have happened is a collective effort to go to his site and post our disapproval in the comment section of the video and move on.  Instead we have a select group of guys carrying on on another public forum that can be viewed by anyone in the world.  You don't need to be a member to read this thread.  Whoever moderates this forum should seriously consider removing this thread from the site.

Some of us did go to the video site and post- some user names may be different. I disagree with you and don't need to go back and read it. I clearly know what I stand for as a hunter and would do this thread the same way all over again. I don't feel a bit "foolish."