LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I wish you were on the other side of the state. That sounds like a good one to try "bloodglow" on tonight. If the broadhead is still in there, and you keep her moving, it might cause her to loose enough blood to go down for good. With that much yardage on her trail, you must not have got any of the lung. Every hit is different and the best thing to do with a broadhead-in, muscle tissue hit like that is to keep them moving. Just the opposite of a gut-hit, when it is best to leave them alone for 8 hours minimum. I would mark your spot of last blood and return after dark with a sprayer of "bloodglow". Don't forget to bring along a sharp knife.

. Where are you located.... I'm hunting in Sullivan country

Hunting public lands will test a guy's patience. Pheasant hunters out and about and they literally could not be any louder. It's not the gunshots that bother me it's the group of 5 guys that are talking so loudly that I can hear them from over 400 yards away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunting public lands will test a guy's patience. Pheasant hunters out and about and they literally could not be any louder. It's not the gunshots that bother me it's the group of 5 guys that are talking so loudly that I can hear them from over 400 yards away!!

I am thinking deer basically just ignore noise that is far away even if loud. I hope so...on public land heard tons of gunfire earlier from the water, and some far off talking.

But yes I agree with your sentiment. I hear about people who see deer all the time in their private stands and get to pick and choose. I am currently averaging 20+ hours in the woods per shot opportunity and those on doe.

I am building some nice personal maps of these areas on google maps though.

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

I have had good shots in deer and the arrow hits the off side shoulder etc and you dont get a hole on the other side. The bloodtrail is usually spotty because the blood stays inside the body and they tend to stay on there feet longer. That said when this happens I have had the blood trail stop and within 100 yards the deer piles up. Sometimes going in the same direction as it was going or turning 90 degrees. Best bet is put a few flags out on the blood trail and get a gene direction. Mark last blood and start either circling or a grid search.

If you have red bubbly blood you hit a lung. If you get frustrated just sit down and compose yourself and then go back at it. This can be super frustrating just keep at it.

Edited by biggamefish

I have had good shots in deer and the arrow hits the off side shoulder etc and you dont get a hole on the other side. The bloodtrail is usually spotty because the blood stays inside the body and they tend to stay on there feet longer. That said when this happens I have had the blood trail stop and within 100 yards the deer piles up. Sometimes going in the same direction as it was going or turning 90 degrees. Best bet is put a few flags out on the blood trail and get a gene direction. Mark last blood and start either circling or a grid search.

If you have red bubbly blood you hit a lung. If you get frustrated just sit down and compose yourself and then go back at it. This can be super frustrating just keep at it.

. It's the lawn that's creating the issue its obvious that it crossed the lawn but I can't figure out where

Goodluck with the trail.

---

I don't know how I am expected to nap with all these squirrels rustling the leaves. Reviewers were not lying about how comfortable these viper tree stands are. I do now believe my miss earlier was primarily result of drawing bow and while anchoring pulling the string in against the rail of the stand so the bottom cam was being pulled slightly harder. I hope that could account for a good 6" too high at 35 yards above aim point.

Edited by Core