LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

. I'm at a loss I lose the trail 30 yards from there and find nothing I've done grids in that area for hours now

I had this exact situation happen last year where it wasn't pass through and I had very little blood. The tip about putting flags in the ground or some kind of markers is a good one. When you have several points of reference you can narrow down direction.

Good luck man I've been there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have been searching since 8:30 am, have been at last blood since about 10:30. I'm headed back to my stand. My friend should be up at camp around 5 we will take one more look and call it of we find nothing

She is dead somewhere. Shot this girl last week.

7a3aa85b355100e28040ead056d7e916.jpg

Didn't get pass through. Lost blood as it was pooling in chest. Walked passed her twice before I noticed she crawled in a brushpile to hide/expire. They really can disappear. Stay on it.

First sit in this new set, on edge of doe bedding area. Wind is perfect, trying to catch one scentchecking

16722ce7f8890fccc4c05d9a50e3f753.jpg

Not trying to be an A hole but you have missed 2 and wounded 1 in the last 24hrs the last place you need to be is in a stand.

. And where would you suggest I go. I did my due diligence and searched for over 7 hours. And will go take another look when my friend gets here

the range for some additional practice...

. If you read my post about the misses both shots deflected off of branches which have since been trimmed.... The shot this morning that wounded the doe was not poor aim but poor choice of aim point she was very close to my tree and a should have aimed just under her... I didn't realize how close she was till I got down

. If you read my post about the misses both shots deflected off of branches which have since been trimmed.... The shot this morning that wounded the doe was not poor aim but poor choice of aim point she was very close to my tree and a should have aimed just under her... I didn't realize how close she was till I got down

I'm only busting balls no need to be on the defense we all miss one time or another

A friend just nailed a "nice" 4-point with his bow in the Southern Tier and is bringing it over as I type. It looks like we won't starve this winter. Warm weather in the forcast next week means I will need to quarter it and fire up the old "deer fridge" in the garage to get the meat aged properly. One of the best things about bow-killed deer is that very little if any meat goes to waste, unlike some bloodied up gun or car-killed ones I have cut up. Hopefully, after x-bow opens in another week I can add some of my own to the supply.

Edited by wolc123

I'm only busting balls no need to be on the defense we all miss one time or another

. Just been a very frustrating morning, no offense taken... I'm thinking if I go back after dark with a flash light maybe if she is down it will reflect off her eye and make here easier to find

. Just been a very frustrating morning, no offense taken... I'm thinking if I go back after dark with a flash light maybe if she is down it will reflect off her eye and make here easier to find

that doesn't sound like a bad idea might need a spotlight tho, I'm no expert tracker but I think a second set of eyes allowing you to cover more ground will turn up a dead deer

• Like 1

My spot died down today, got bored at 2:30 and left. Wish I had done that 5 hours earlier. Going to be there at sunrise tomorrow but only for two hours. This day sit stuff is for the birds. I am wondering if people who have any kind of time constraints just do not bother with all day sits except during the rut? Because I tried waiting, I tried some calling, absolutely nothing and I know deer are in the area.