biggest 4 I've seen....

growalot

I'd say 2.5...just due to beam mass. A 3.5 here would be bigger at the base for sure....... Neither Culver, one of the new places no day pics on any of the deer. Maybe this afternoon will have them moving more....dang wind keeps switching...calming down now though..

Edited by growalot

I'd say 2.5...just due to beam mass. A 3.5 here would be bigger at the base for sure....... Neither Culver, one of the new places no day pics on any of the deer. Maybe this afternoon will have them moving more....dang wind keeps switching...calming down now though..

was trying to get an idea of if it was AG or woods in the area

Because I don't mount heads/racks...It really doesn't matter but that said..... I have imposed my own "standards" ..unless a need,like last yrs 6pt, or very very unusual to me, everything under 8pts gets a pass. 8pts with a small body gets a pass...Now if a small 8 with 2 drop tines walked by in range...an arrow would fly. I have drop tines and split brows on my list of would like to shoot...

• Like 1

These places are basically just like mine....though a tad steeper :umbrage:  mixed hard woods with bordering ag crops...even hunting leases that border and believe it or not a place that has signs up...           "Posted

Deer Sanctuary"

Kinda like the two no doe places around me.....Lots of corn soybeans, clover and WW small swamps and streams..though their streams are bigger than mine and they have lots of wht oak. Where as mine are all reds.