8n

gfdeputy2

I have doe in the area and some buck...unfortunately I do know where they are and where one of their bedding areas is....21:00 to 4am...on and off 10 yrds from my wooden blind.......nice big ones too......After that they are all going straight too the swamps...one to my west and one to my north

• Like 1

Well good luck !

My buddies camp off West Gulick rd had tons of action Sat. But he's got it down to a science , tons of stands for each wind and really knows the land.

Low winds the rest of the week.

I'm just a bit north of you and movement Sat. Was very good. I'm also off all week , if you ever go to town for lunch and it works I consider meeting up , on days I stay all day I need to kill a couple hours mid day anyway.

Edited by Larry302

Well wind was horrible today hunted this morning & called it quits till tomorrow went to Prattsburgh stoped in the archery shop & saw a picture of a huntingny.com celebrity wny bowhunter at the counter had lunch at JB's bar & grill great food & beer huge portions good prices hanging out at camp tonight will hit it one last time tomorrow unless we decide to try a morning hunt Sunday

8N may have an outstanding reputation for high deer kills, but that doesn't mean that every acre of that WMU is full of deer. one thing to remember is that it is in a highly pressured area with a high hunter population, so you have to expect high harvests. Also, it is a widely varied habitat, not all of which is suitable for deer. So if you have had problems with the season so far, do not get discouraged. Just try changing up locations a little bit, and see what happens.

Yeah we are only out there one week out of the year! they are also logging there & in the area I have taken a few deer. I believe the logging, winds & heat was the cause of lack of sightings started to improve at the end of the week as the temps cooled off but we just ran out of time

Yeah we are only out there one week out of the year! they are also logging there & in the area I have taken a few deer. I believe the logging, winds & heat was the cause of lack of sightings started to improve at the end of the week as the temps cooled off but we just ran out of time

But wait until next year. You will be thrilled that they logged it as you see what has grown up in it's place. As far as the weather, it is always a pain in the butt at this time of year. That is just something we have to accept and learn to adapt to.

• Like 1