my dad's 8 point

bubba

here is a pic of my Dad's 8 point taken near cranberry lake in nov 1959.  My dad hunted with my uncles.  They would stay near cranberry in a tent for a week opening season, then weekends after that.  I apologize for the less than traditional background, the pic was taken at my uncles when they got back.  They all got together and bought land and tore down a house and built a camp in 1963 in the south colton area. The youngster holding the deers leg is me. 

post-349-131455399314_thumb.jpg

Cool picture-I have some like that from my Father-in-law.

My Father-in-law used to trailer a boat up to Indian lake and use the boat to get around to hunt different parts. He has so many stories from there. I think they used to check in with the ranger and pay 25 cents for a camp ground. I remember him talking about a General store called Chaz-Johns ? (I think that what the name was)

There was a forest fire one year and all the hunters got together and helped to put it out. Two locals got stuck on the lake and he pulled them all the way back to the boat ramp, they gave him a key to their cabin as a thank you- use it any time they said. Those were the days!