DOING A CONTROVERSAL ESSAY FOR ENGLISH CLASS

Robinson446

Robinson, I like Ted.  I think he is a good guy to have on our side.  He is well informed and can debate hunting and fishing like nobody else can. 

But if you Google his name, you should find some of the less admirable things he has done in his life, most of which have nothing to do with hunting. 

That being said, I can not understand why anyone who hunts, or owns guns, would want to throw stones in his direction.  I fail to see how there is anything for us to gain by doing that.

And I'll bet most of the critics have no idea of the good things he does.

Ted Nugent was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan before moving to Palatine, Illinois as a teenager. Ted has two brothers; John Nugent and Jeffrey "Jeff" Nugent. Jeff is a former chief executive for Revlon  John resides in California with his two daughters, Allyson and Audrey,  who have a cousin named Charlette that everyone looks up to and loves a  lot. Nugent has mentioned his ties with the Christian faith many times  during interviews, and has stated that he regularly attends church. He attended Saint Viator High School  in Arlington Heights, Illinois. He was married to his first wife,  Sandra Jezowski, from 1970 to 1979. They had three children; daughter  Sasha Nugent, daughter Starr Nugent, and son Theodore Tobias "Toby"  Nugent. Sandra died in a car crash in 1982.

His second marriage was to Shemane Deziel, whom he met while a guest on  Detroit's WLLZ-FM, where she was a member of the news staff. They  married on January 21, 1989 and remain married to the present day. They  have a son together, Rocco Winchester Nugent, and a daughter, Chantal  Nugent.

In the late 1990s, Nugent began writing for various magazines. He has  written for more than 20 publications and is the author of New York Times Best Seller God, Guns and Rock 'n' Roll (July 2000), Kill It and Grill It (2002) (co-authored with his wife, Shemane), BloodTrails II: The Truth About Bowhunting (2004), and "Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" (2008).

Since the early 1990s Nugent has become both popular and criticized for his conservative beliefs and his anti-drug and anti-alcohol stances. He is a national spokesman for the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program, advocating the "natural highs" to be found in an outdoor lifestyle.

He has hosted the Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids, which combines a  curriculum of hands-on hunting, conservation, archery and a strong  anti-drug message aimed mainly at underprivileged inner-city  children. The summer non-profit program has had over 1,000 kids attend  during the last decade where respect for nature, preservation,  stewardship and basic archery are taught. Each session is attended by  parents as well. Nugent also is a spokesman for the National Field Archery Association, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.[citation needed]

An advocate of hunting and gun-ownership rights, Nugent currently serves on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association (NRA).[30][31]

Nugent is a strong advocate of the right to bear arms.  When interviewed by Texas Monthly editor Evan Smith in season 5 of  TexasMonthlyTalks he said, "I would rather that [a victim of violent  crime] in Massachusetts last month who was taking her daughter to  soccer when they were carjacked by a recidivist maggot, who had been in  the prison system all his life but was let out again because we feel  sorry for him, maybe he had a bad childhood. Instead of her being  hijacked and murdered, I'd rather she just shot the bastard dead... But  in Massachusetts, somebody decided she can't do that. So she's dead. I  would rather she was alive and the carjacker was dead... I'm weird." [32]

He has also been quoted as saying that the second amendment is the  only gun license or carry permit any law abiding citizen should need.

Nugent has reported receiving death threats against him and his family from animal rights activists. On the Penn & Teller's Bullshit! episode about People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Nugent claimed, "We've got reports and files with law enforcement across America where left-wing animal rights extremists are on record threatening to kill my children on the way to school because we eat pheasant." In 2006 he stated in an interview that "anyone who thinks hunting is terrible can kiss my ass."

When asked by Imagineer magazine in a 2010 interview about what he  would do if elected to political office, he said: "Slash the living  hell out of the waste and corruption and the outrageous army of  do-nothing bureaucrats. I would fire every government worker whose job  I would deem to be redundant and wasteful. No able-bodied human being  would ever get a handout again."[41]

According to an interview in The Independent he "considers homosexuality morally wrong" and is an outspoken supporter of the Republican Party and the United States military. As a reward for entertaining US troops in Iraq in 2004, he visited Saddam Hussein's war room. "It was a glorious moment. It looked like something out of Star Wars. I saw his gold toilet.  Nugent also said: "Our failure has been not to Nagasaki them."[42]

On April 15, 2009, Nugent appeared onstage with his guitar in San Antonio as part of Glenn Beck's coverage of the Tax Day Tea Party protests on the Fox News Channel. He hosted the show with Glenn Beck, and played music for the protestors at the Alamo.

VJP-

Heres the stuff you left out

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference between him and Massa, Nugent could not marry her, so he joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[20][21]

In 2005 Nugent was involved in a legal battle for not paying enough child support for a child he had out of wedlock in 1995.[22] It was finally resolved when Nugent was ordered to pay $3,500 a month to the mother of the 10-year-old son named Christian Taylor whom Nugent has allegedly never met.[23]

As a reward for entertaining US troops in Iraq in 2004, he visited Saddam Hussein's war room. "It was a glorious moment. It looked like something out of Star Wars. I saw his gold toilet. I sh*t in his bidet."[42(who does that?) He may like guns and hunting but IMHO he is not great.

Nobody is saying he is God... just that he is a huge advocate for hunting and gun rights... he might not be the guy I'd hang with on a regular basis but ya gotta love his stance on hunting and gun ownership...like i said before.. he at least walks the walk

Some of you guys don't read either.

I started that post saying most of his critics have no idea about any of the good things he does.

And what happens?  People start to post negative stuff!

::)

I know about the other stuff guys, but like I said, I'm willing to ignore that stuff in deference to the positive contributions he makes for society, hunters and gun owners.

What do we hope to gain by tearing him down?  Could someone please tell me how that will have any positive result for hunters or gun owners?

When someone here can claim half of his accomplishments, I'll put you above Ted on the podium.  Until then, I'll stick with him, in spite of his flaws.

as the guy a few posts up...    "Nobody is saying he is God... just that he is a huge advocate for hunting and gun rights... he might not be the guy I'd hang with on a regular basis but ya gotta love his stance on hunting and gun ownership...like i said before.. he at least walks the walk"      Nobody was talking about his home life or his personal life. thats the problem, everyone is all over clebs cases and picking out flaws... i garenttee u i could find someone about EVERY SINGLE ONE of you on here if i picked around and talked to family members and everything.... >:P Not to call everyone out but i mean come on guys, all that he has done for hunting and gun control is great. Im a 15 year old kid... I used ted nugent and the word great in the same sentance and i was all for guns and hutning in my essay and i get jumped on how he isnt great and all that other crap... :( You all were so out and about to hearing my essay and i dont belive once i heard good job robinson or nice job, you were all so quick to jump my case... Is this what this web site is coming to??

Fasteddie, there' something to be said about proof reading.  In your post to the kid, you put"Lookes", when it's looks.  Maybe we should all take a step back and give him some slack.

Right, well the difference is we aren't handing out grades on here now are we? He was trying to help the kid who has to turn in a paper for a grade!

Fasteddie, there' something to be said about proof reading.  In your post to the kid, you put"Lookes", when it's looks.  Maybe we should all take a step back and give him some slack.

Thank you Nuynai... "Lookes" like some people have better things to do then throw 15 year olds under the bus :P:(:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Doe wacker... I thanked him for pointing it out. but not for the later posts of him and other people about  me saying the Great ted nugent.... I wasnt trying to start an argument on this post... I was trying to post my essay for people to read like they asked me too!!!

as the guy a few posts up...    "Nobody is saying he is God... just that he is a huge advocate for hunting and gun rights... he might not be the guy I'd hang with on a regular basis but ya gotta love his stance on hunting and gun ownership...like i said before.. he at least walks the walk"      Nobody was talking about his home life or his personal life. thats the problem, everyone is all over clebs cases and picking out flaws... i garenttee u i could find someone about EVERY SINGLE ONE of you on here if i picked around and talked to family members and everything.... >:P Not to call everyone out but i mean come on guys, all that he has done for hunting and gun control is great. Im a 15 year old kid... I used ted nugent and the word great in the same sentance and i was all for guns and hutning in my essay and i get jumped on how he isnt great and all that other crap... :( You all were so out and about to hearing my essay and i dont belive once i heard good job robinson or nice job, you were all so quick to jump my case... Is this what this web site is coming to??

Well, let just hope your teacher is sympathetic to gun ownership and hunting then.  If some of us hunters and shooters jump all over you about calling Nugent great, don't be surprised if your teacher takes issue with it also.  We are just warning you here, that's all.

And Robinson, No one on here is proclaiming that they represent others like the Nuge does, that is the difference if you are going to represent some one or some thing there is going to be flack thrown your way constantly. Ted does have some  big skeletons in his closet and because of that he has little value to me.

Doe wacker... I thanked him for pointing it out. but not for the later posts of him and other people about  me saying the Great ted nugent.... I wasnt trying to start an argument on this post... I was trying to post my essay for people to read like they asked me too!!!

Well just what did expect when you post things on a public forum that happens, lesson learned eh?

And i appriciate that but my teacher is exactly that... a teacher... She dosnt give bad grades because she is against something. I talk with her about hunting and fishing all the time. Were pretty close and she understands me and dosnt give me a bad grade all because i wrote GREAT infront of a persons name... I mean do u see where im coming from on how dumb it looks for you guys to get mad that i wrote Great infront of Nugents name??? You were all there to jump me for it instead of commenting on the essay and if it was good or not...

OK, we can leave it right here then.  I do however hope that you will be honest enough to also tell us what your grade was and what comments if any your teacher made about this essay.  I myself think the word "great" needs to be used sparingly in front of peoples names.  I think we all know who some "great" people in history were, and using "great" in front of their names wouldn't bother us nearly as much as using it in front of someone as insignificant in the history of mankind as Nugent is.  "Great" people are usually well known while they lived, and LONG after they have died.  Nugent will be forgotten as soon as he is put under if not before, that I could assure you.

once again steve i begg the differ. I can Assure you he will live long after he is put 6 foot below. And i will be more then happy to tell you guys my grades and any and all comments on the paper. Just fiugred when u all asked me to throw the essay on here and let you guys read it i would get some compliments and not bagged for saying the word great in an essay that i (a 15 yr old) wrote. But guess thats the way the cookie crumbles.  :P

Jordan, I thought your essay was very well written, made your points, countered objections and stayed professional in the face of scorn.

Just having the courage to take on the anti-gun and anti-hunting groups in a school essay is note worthy.  Being able to talk calmly and intelligently about the subjects in a paper is impressive.

I look forward to finding out what your teacher thought about it.  I predict you will receive an "A" and the comments will be very good.