On my way

Great!! Id say before you spend money on discs and plows determine what your planting. For my WI seed i just scuff up the ground with a York rake, spread the seed and drive over it with a tractor or 4wheeler. Check out their site, they have a bunch of informative info. Also growing deer tv with dr grant woods has some good info as well, you can pull up episodes right from their website. Another spot is the qdma forum on food plots, tons of info as well.

• Like 1

Be carefull with that rotary cutter behind 8n. The 8n pto shaft goes into the trany so even thou you step on the clutch the rotary cutter will keep pushing the tractor. You will need to get an overrunning coupler.

. How hard to install the coupler? Edited by Taylormike

An 8n is not geared low enough for a tiller, so stick with the plow. Definitely a great tractor but you have to work within its limitations. The ORC will take care of most of the trouble of non-live pto or hydraulics. Forget about a front end loader and the lack of power steering wont bother you much. Load the rear tires and you will have plenty of drawbar traction for a 2x12 plow, 8 ft pull-type disk, or 6 ft 3-point. Few tractor makes/models are more durable, and none have better parts availability.

• Like 1

My next purchase will be a 4' brush hog... my zero turn just isnt enough to mow down fields haha.

Tiller is definitely the way to go. I have a 4' king kutter and it works great. You definitely want to rid any big rock from the soil before hand. saves breaking a tine or your pto if the slip clutch is to tight. my slip clutch nuts only have a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on all of them, anymore than this would be way too tight. and the clutch wont slip. i also have a set of disks i pull behind the tractor for the plots with more rock than dirt... with my tiller i set it to only dig 2-3" deep.  

• Like 2