Beer

Dom

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

While traveling couple weeks ago in Florida I had a driver who was a retired pro golfer. He told me the hardest course he ever played was Oak! He said his favorite was Pebble Beach.

I actually play pretty well there when I hit it straight. We did play from the tips once and I shot a 115! There were fairways I couldnt reach, it was actually a pretty miserable round of golf. From the tips under championship conditions, forget about it. That rough is unbelievable. The West is the more difficult side in my opinion

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Happen to catch his name ?
Played Oak Hill 20x or so. Played in huge amateur tourney invite years back. 2 weeks after PGA Championship was there. Tough ! But Oakmont tougher imo. Pebble on honeymoon and agree to simply gorgeous.
And no beers were harmed at any of these courses while playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He told me his name but honestly I do not remember. He said the best he ever finished in a PGA tourney was second once. He won on the old man tour a couple I guess.He was starting up a company that makes a fertilizer product for golf course grass that was a green product, no chemicals......

• Like 1

Wait till children buddy.....Golf club membership will be on the back burner for a bit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I quit my country club membership and playing completely to spend more time with my daughter and to save 5 grand a year. Now my days off aren't for tournaments but to go fishing , hunting and hiking with her. Best decision ever And more beer money lol

• Like 3

Golf just pisses me off!! I was better when I was 13 and had time to play a lot. I did not swing a club last year and the few years before that just did some fun drinking Capt and Crew events. I don't have the time to get out 1-2 times a week and without doing that you can't expect to play the game you know you can. Did I mention golf pisses me off!! Rather fish, hunt...... Kinda wish I pushed my son on it more though, he would probably be pretty decent if he had been coached and such.

• Like 1

I know your pressed for time when here in May but I know I could get us out on Lancaster cc I'd dust off the clubs or borrow some from work.

I'm actually playing Audobon with my grandfather and brother. Not sure what day. He wanted to play since he used to be member there for years.

I'm actually playing Audobon with my grandfather and brother. Not sure what day. He wanted to play since he used to be member there for years.

20 years ago a co worker and I teed off at dawn at audobon. Foggy like you've never seen. Couldn't see 10 yards. " I think it felt right side fairway but not sure" after teeing off. No ball found , drop one , hit another , lose that one , drop another etc. One of the most memorable rounds of golf We still laugh about it

• Like 1

20 years ago a co worker and I teed off at dawn at audobon. Foggy like you've never seen. Couldn't see 10 yards. " I think it felt right side fairway but not sure" after teeing off. No ball found , drop one , hit another , lose that one , drop another etc. One of the most memorable rounds of golf We still laugh about it

Haha, Nice. I'll have to ask my gramps about Lancaster CC, thx for the offer!

• Like 1

Me and the Mrs went out on date night with some friends and NO kids. Hit a new place called Coppertop Tavern. Definitely going again.

Empty one was Ithaca Flower Power, then Horse heads 2x IPA, Cortland Industrial IPA, and then victory golden monkey triple. Had a chicken and pasta dish with roasted peppers. Yummy. 

Oops for apps we had pepperoni bread and avacado egg rolls, both fantastic.

Stopped and had a Southern Tier 2x oaked IPA at a different venue. Nice flavor. One in Syracuse glass.

IMG_20170303_195549944.jpg

IMG_20170303_211157932.jpg

IMG_20170303_195511799.jpg

IMG_20170303_202134620.jpg

IMG_20170303_195712126.jpg

IMG_20170303_195706691.jpg

Edited by Zem18
  • Like 3

Time for a red
96b7c3a68362d86fb289013f5ab00811.jpg

Already ran 4 miles this morn. Too cold to be outside doing all the lumberjack work I have to do. Prepped chicken cordon blue for dinner. Wife and daughter shopping, son in VT on a ski trip. Sitting down to watch some hoop, and the SU game at 4 that is a must win.