Testies

Paula

Anthony Bourdain said, "the most disgusting thing I ever ate was a chicken McNugget. The worst meal I ever had was a Wart Hog's ass in Namibia!"

I saw that episode. After squeezing the turds out of it, they just threw it in the hot coals. After stirring it around with a stick for a few minutes they fished it out & chowed down.

Elmo: The same bar that had hog fries tried turkey fries for a brief time. I tried them, but they were too strong tasting for me. I didn't like the texture either. Hog fries were just like (somewhat) tender chicken gizzards in taste & texture.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Anthony Bourdain said, "the most disgusting thing I ever ate was a chicken McNugget. The worst meal I ever had was a Wart Hog's ass in Namibia!"

I saw that episode. After squeezing the turds out of it, they just threw it in the hot coals. After stirring it around with a stick for a few minutes they fished it out & chowed down.

Elmo: The same bar that had hog fries tried turkey fries for a brief time. I tried them, but they were too strong tasting for me. I didn't like the texture either. Hog fries were just like (somewhat) tender chicken gizzards in taste & texture.

yeah, I saw that episode....some of the guys on these shows that go and eat unusual stuff, do say that there is some stuff they can't eat because they would get extremely sick, something about their bodies not being used to it, or lacking the right stuff to properly digest / process it.

yeah, I saw that episode....some of the guys on these shows that go and eat unusual stuff, do say that there is some stuff they can't eat because they would get extremely sick, something about their bodies not being used to it, or lacking the right stuff to properly digest / process it.

I've never seen Anthony Bourdain refuse anything offered. Maybe that's why he is so skinny even though he eats like a horse.

• Like 2

Meat is meat.  With slight variations in taste based on the animals diet, you will find most meats taste similar.  It is plants that has the biggest variations and chemical compositions. Biologically, if you can eat one meat from one animal, you can eat the meat of another.

I had tongue once years back

old guy i meet made it in a stew told me how to do it you need to clean it by removing the out side later off of it then dive it up place in salt water for two days remove it wash with fresh warm water the dice it up in to cubs cook in beef brother add your vegtbuls simmer for three hours add your spices let it sit on the side for 15 minuets then serve   

Meat is meat.  With slight variations in taste based on the animals diet, you will find most meats taste similar.  It is plants that has the biggest variations and chemical compositions. Biologically, if you can eat one meat from one animal, you can eat the meat of another.

but what about when you venture into the other stuff that some cultures eat.....raw stomach matter, raw bile....half cleaned out intestines? that stuff probably has bacteria that would kill most of us.

but what about when you venture into the other stuff that some cultures eat.....raw stomach matter, raw bile....half cleaned out intestines? that stuff probably has bacteria that would kill most of us.

That's not meat...that's doodoo.

This was lunch today. I have had boiled beef tongue before, but never cured one, it was delicious, as expected; reminded me of corned beef, but more tender. Served on rye with Swiss cheese, onions, and mustard, along with a garlic pickle, kettle cooked chips, and a cream soda to wash it all down. Life is good! :D

post-264-0-45127500-1451945030_thumb.jpg

post-264-0-69790600-1451945052_thumb.jpg

post-264-0-74278700-1451945069_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

old guy i meet made it in a stew told me how to do it you need to clean it by removing the out side later off of it then dive it up place in salt water for two days remove it wash with fresh warm water the dice it up in to cubs cook in beef brother add your vegtbuls simmer for three hours add your spices let it sit on the side for 15 minuets then serve

what could be easier!

I see nothing exotic about tongue. It is just another muscle like heart. Neither has icky juices or secretions in them like some of the things we are talking about. I never have eaten either, but wouldn't hesitate to try them.

I tried scrambled pork brains when I was a teen. They were delicious, but I couldn't get over what they were or how they looked before being cooked.

Today's winner for the longest run-on sentence!

The only tongue I've bitten into was my own.

Thanks......but I'll pass.

. Nope , didn't find it funny. Your claim of shooting a 160 pound doe in NYS. Now that's sorta comical IMO

OK so let's say my cheap little scale was wrong. What would be the estimated dressed weight of a whitetail doe with a heart girth of 42"?

Up where WJ lives in northern NY, the deer tend to be heavier.

Here along the Pennsyltucky border in Steuben County,  the heaviest BUCK I have ever seen weighed was 185 dressed, although I have heard reputable accounts of a few 200 or a little heavier, and that's in 50+ years of hunting.

In some other areas, however, like the western Lake Plains and the Adirondacks, a buck over 200 pounds is a nice buck, but  is not rare.

I  would say that a 160 pound dressed weight doe from the Northern Adirondacks is certainly within the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

OK so let's say my cheap little scale was wrong. What would be the estimated dressed weight of a whitetail doe with a heart girth of 42"?

I have no idea. All I know is processor doing it for 30 years largest doe he's seen and weighed was 143 pounds. So if you truly think you shot a #160 then kudos to you. I know after my mile drag thru brambles , blow downs , beaver swamp and creek they feel like 225 by the time they're at the car lol.

Up where WJ lives in northern NY, the deer tend to be heavier.

Here along the Pennsyltucky border in Steuben County,  the heaviest BUCK I have ever seen weighed was 185 dressed, although I have heard reputable accounts of a few 200 or a little heavier, and that's in 50+ years of hunting.

In some other areas, however, like the western Lake Plains and the Adirondacks, a buck over 200 pounds is a nice buck, but  is not rare.

I  would say that a 160 pound dressed weight doe from the Northern Adirondacks is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Thanks Pygny. Unless I had posted PIX, many would doubt that a 219# 4-point was in the realm of probabilities.

The average doe here dresses 100-110#, bucks 140ish in the early saeson, less as they wear down in the rut.  That doe had a big (deformed) foot in 1999 so she was probably over 6 years old in 2003 & she didn't seem to have any fawns with her.

My fuel oil driver told me that a 233# 11-point was taken this year about 1 1/2 miles from my place in a little corner of woods near a village.

Our deer up here can be big in body, but the racks aren't usually as big as in other areas. The emphasis of mother nature is body mass to survive the harsh winters. Many 2 1/2 year old bucks here don't have racks much better than 1 1/2 year old bucks in most places.

OK, lets get back to NUTZ!

Edited by wildcat junkie