Big ole 8pt

TreeGuy

So. I'll try and keep my venting and excitement to a minimum ( if that makes sense). This has been a very tough year for me, moved to a new house and lost my backyard 100 acre honeyhole, Lost permission on the 400+acre farm close to me, found fresh shot shells beneath my treestand in the only spot I had close by the house, hour ride to the camp every couple days mainly because I've been trying to get my dad on any deer and its the only spot he can go, he was in a bad car wreck and can't walk but was given a non ambulatory / hunt from the atv or truck liscense but I've got to unpack and unload him and get him in a spot which is stressful for multiple reasons ( mainly he can't get to where the deer are) on top of the new house honey do list, a 2 year old and a 4 month old... Etc etc.. Don't get me wrong, I am greatful to have what I do, but for the past 6 years I had primo ground in my back yard.

Now for the good part. Went to camp for a morning hunt, about 9am dad calls and says guys pulling up the driveway. It was his partner on our land. They only do drives so I figured it can't hurt since they too wanted my dad to get a deer. Well, they pushed deer by everybody but my dad. 1 doe killed. So I figured we could give a friend of mines a try. Big open field with hay bails in the middle. Sent dad up with the Wheeler and I trekked yo he other side of the hill. We never deer hunted here before so I had the hard part of finding a spot. Now it's about 330 and I make the peak. Oddly enough I found a stand! Hopped in and had this guy and a couple does come out within a half hour... Rest is history! Keep the faith guys!!!

20151205_192643.jpg

20151206_094913.jpg

20151205_175440.jpg

Edited by TreeGuy
  • Like 18

Great buck. Congrats to you. Good things come to those that help others first. The proof is in the pics above!

Never thought of it that way..... I was actually kinda dissapointed that I got one before my dad did.. I kept saying when he drove up " you were supposed to get him!!"..

Getting him back out there tomorrow. Hoping he shows me up with a giant.

• Like 1

Great job, and may I ask, why the heck would you move?

Yes, you may ask.. I rented in the Boston area, 110 acres with a dumpy old farmhouse. Moved there as a bachelor and became a husband and father of 2. Both my in laws and my parents alternate watching the kids and they live in the alden/lancaster area. Both my wife and I work in Amherst and the drive was getting crazy and there was too much time spent in the car with the kids.... So, we bought closer to work and parents. I was spoiled for sure with my backyard honey hole. I was actually going to hunt my old neighbors place on Sunday but I no longer have a buck tag ;)