Open mouth whitetail

TreeGuy

So, I'm going out on a limb and getting my gun buck done with mouth open. Don't have any like this on the wall yet, so I figure I'll give it a shot. I wanted to get him posturing with his hair raised but he was chasing after does and rutted up when I met him, so to keep it like it was when I shot him I decided semi sneak with mouth open... Anybody have opinions on it ? Likes, dislikes ? My taxidermist does a+ work but he did say some he hates and some he loves. Share some pics if you have em !

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with thinking outside of the norm. If your guy does A+ work, I really think an open mouth mount could be really cool! If you have seen bucks chasing doe's, then you have seen the open mouth look that describes your mount perfectly! I have also seen pictures of lip curl buck mounts. They look cool too. I would really like to see pic's of your buck mount when done!

Nothing wrong with thinking outside of the norm. If your guy does A+ work, I really think an open mouth mount could be really cool! If you have seen bucks chasing doe's, then you have seen the open mouth look that describes your mount perfectly! I have also seen pictures of lip curl buck mounts. They look cool too. I would really like to see pic's of your buck mount when done!

Yes, I have. And this guy came in on some does with his head up, licking his lips and mouth open... We shall see. Pics as soon as I get him back!

Here are several examples of live bucks with their mouths open in other than than the full flehmen response.

Rutting%20Buck%201_zps2fulpljh.jpg

Rutting%20Buck%202_zpsznptor2r.jpg

Rutting%20Buck%203_zpsfzxa00th.jpg

Rutting%20Buck%204_zpsyi1qtmza.jpg

I shot my 2014 buck when he was strutting down a horse trail between 2 scrapes.

I had him done with his mouth slightly open & his tongue barely sticking out. Similar to this.

Rutting%20Buck%205_zpsommpfwdd.jpg

He is still at the taxidermist. I'll be picking him up after New Years.

That is cool.....I wish I had so many deer on the wall I had to worry about them looking the same.....My first one is at the Taxi from this year after 28 years of trying......Can't wait to get him back.....

Well, its number 5 over 120". Im not saying you haven't, but I have busted my butt for many years from last day of season to first day of season. Let a zillion walk, and also had buck-less seasons. Also, I sat on a horseshoe many years ago and haven't been able to find it since !