MIller's Horseradish..............WOW!

Lawdwaz

Two Goats brewery on Seneca Lake serves Beef on weck , side of potato chips and a pickle spear That's the only thing they serve except for a few great beers and wonderful view of the lake. We stop every year on our way home from Ithaca.

Dang, TF, I drive right past there probably a dozen times a year ( at least) and never knew it was there.

Thanks for the heads up..I'll give it a try..

• Like 1

I grow and make my own....I can breath nicely for a week after...lol...I remember the first batch I ever made back in 1980...It was in my Oster blender. I ground it up well then promptly took the top off and leaned over the opening to look in...HOLY CRAP!!!    HAHAHAHAHA

My Dad used to buy the roots & grind his own. He would add ground turnip to adjust the hotness.

Straight ground Horseradish is nearly unbearable!

I learned a long time ago, when eating horseradish, breath in through the nose, out through the mouth! Get that reversed & it will clear your sinuses out pronto!

• Like 1

Dang......I love ketchup on my B-O-W. 

There is a place in Tonawanda called "Swiston's" that only has chili and B-O-W, no burgers or fries.  :)

As a matter of fact, I think I have a quick pic here......

Swiston's Beef &Keg is a great place to go and relax and enjoy a fabulous beef on weck. First time I went was back in the 80's and have returned several times since then. It's only a mile or so from my house so I don't have to go far to get a good beef!!

• Like 1

A little odd topic....How is smoke on the water over that way??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Funny thing........a couple times we've been headed there but detoured to Swiston's as it's a known commodity and I hate experiments.  :)

On a somewhat related tangent.........just over the canal in North Tonawanda is a wonderful restaurant called Webster's.  I've been there a couple times and it is fine dining at a fair price.  

No gambles here, trust me.

http://webstersbistro.com/

I remember when I was in my 20's. Me and a friend were in a grocery store to buy something (probably beer)  as we walked past the produce section, he looked around to make sure no store employees were looking, then he grabbed a big horseradish root and took a big bite. 

Guess how he made out after that……..LOL!!

• Like 1

it's a quarter mile from my house ! Very good roast beef. Garlic parm wings are incredible. Bar Bill in East Aurora has great roast beef and wings also.

We used to go to the traditional archery shoot at Hawkeye Bowmen club South of Alden  back in the '90 when wifey & I made wood arrow.

Made the trip from the Indianapolis area every August. Started going to Frank's every trip. That's the only place where I have had Beef on Weck . I though it was awfully good but I didn't anything to compare to.

Edited by wildcat junkie

My buddy is good member of Hawkeye. Primitive bow hunts. Homemade bow, homemade arrows , deer sinew , flint tips , turkey feather fletchings ( thanks to me lol ) They have fire starting competition, camp outs , bow competitions etc.

Frank's indeed has some of the best roast beef I've had. You done well. Have known the owner there for a long time.

While in Austria, I had these shredded horseradish. They were awesome. Can't seem to find any here in the states made the same way. They were simply shredded like cheese on a taco. The only ones I could find here state side are purée.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While in Austria, I had these shredded horseradish. They were awesome. Can't seem to find any here in the states made the same way. They were simply shredded like cheese on a taco. The only ones I could find here state side are purée.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandmother did a side dish of potatoes au graten that was half horseradish. Sounds similar, and it was tasty.

I think she just wanted us out of the house and on the tractors.

it's a quarter mile from my house ! Very good roast beef. Garlic parm wings are incredible. Bar Bill in East Aurora has great roast beef and wings also.

Franks is  a mile from my house, & my wives cousin makes & puts together the beefs at the Bar Bill !  Does anyone here remember Bailo's beef on Bailey Ave in buffalo yrs. ago ?

• Like 1