Coyote gun

Yup.. a lot of guys are going with AR set ups. I just talked to a big time yote hunter who recently  switched to an AR, from a bolt gun in .223, because a lot of times he calls in doubles and wanted faster follow up shots.

Edited by ants
  • Like 1

Was just about to post this same topic....have a few extra bucks that i made from selling a reloader and am looking to spend 400 or less on .223 for yotes...deff looking for suggestions.

Already have a 3-9x40 new vortex scope I will try starting with, so just need the rifle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Still not hunting if you open fire with a full mag AR and tracer rounds on game. But, that's just my opinion. I would rather miss with a bold or pump then treat an animal like scumbag that just shot up the bar I was in. Like I said, just my opinion.

Still not hunting if you open fire with a full mag AR and tracer rounds on game. But, that's just my opinion. I would rather miss with a bolt or pump then treat an animal like scumbag that just shot up the bar I was in. Like I said, just my opinion.

Edited by ....rob

.223 is solid coyote and fox gun. 22-250 a bit much on fox from what I've read. Another vote for AR platform but like others said you're going to pay for it. Tool around on Bark at the moon site for some ideas too.

Don't forget your shotgun with #4 buck is very effective too at closer ranges.

• Like 1

that's well undergunned for a coyote

How so?Most of the fire power you all use is overkill.Its one thing to hunt and kill them but if you are someone looking to sell the pelts than the smaller hole in the hide makes more money.I remember my Dad using a club to kill them when he had his traps.