Spam

Dom

Going back a few years , we would bring it on canoe trips , in case the fish weren't biting we'd have some "meat". As I recall we'd just fry it in a pan over the fire .

Can't recall its taste, I'd be up for trying it again .

LOL!!! I love fried Spam and eggs….I don't have it very often because the family complains that its "gross"….I don't see it at all… Im a big Velveta fan too….

Is velveta still made it sold? I forgot all about that stuff

They do! Wow

Edited by Paula

I used to stash a couple cans of spam in the provisions on my hunting trips...

On those occasions when we had hunted a couple of days and had no meat in camp, I'd slice and fry up the spam over the campfire  ... All the guys who would have said YUCK !  to spam back in civilization thought it tasted pretty damn good in the wilderness...

To me it tastes pretty good at home...  The Mermaid says YUCK, however..  I'll bet she'd like it after about  3days out in the boonies eating nothing but dehydrated noodle mixes....<<grin>>..

• Like 2

Anyone a fan of sardines???  I love them.. When I pop a can it makes the Mrs. leave the house….I have to pick up some more sardines…..

used to take a can to lunch in HS just to gross people out. Packed in mustard or tomato paste. Then again we use to also eat salted minnows on long days of fishing and not packing any real food.

Anyone a fan of sardines???  I love them.. When I pop a can it makes the Mrs. leave the house….I have to pick up some more sardines…..

Ilove them I had many ways and still prefer them plain on saltine's If I cant find plain then tomatoes will get me by