Headed to the cabin this weekend!

First-light

Since I started my new business its been tough to get away. I'm sneaking out between a Milano and Goldfish sale this week and will have someone covering my stores. It was tough the first six months worrying about every little detail but now I feel good about the change in my life. Last 25 years left the house at 7 came home at 8 spent 3.5 hours commuting. Now leave the house at 5 home at 2. Life is good owning my own business. The time spent with my girls in the afternoon is priceless. Yes we don't have so much time spent at the cabin but it pays off being around all the time when they need you………..

• Like 13

Glad things are going well.  Scary stuff, I know.

For me it was the opposite-owned my own business for 30 years and now working in a business completely unrelated to what I was doing.  So far, so good.  I enjoy 85% of it.....................don't ask about the 15%.

:)   

Have fun at the cabin............

• Like 3

Glad things are going well. Scary stuff, I know.

For me it was the opposite-owned my own business for 30 years and now working in a business completely unrelated to what I was doing. So far, so good. I enjoy 85% of it.....................don't ask about the 15%.

:)

Have fun at the cabin............

What did you used to do?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Since I started my new business its been tough to get away. I'm sneaking out between a Milano and Goldfish sale this week and will have someone covering my stores. It was tough the first six months worrying about every little detail but now I feel good about the change in my life. Last 25 years left the house at 7 came home at 8 spent 3.5 hours commuting. Now leave the house at 5 home at 2. Life is good owning my own business. The time spent with my girls in the afternoon is priceless. Yes we don't have so much time spent at the cabin but it pays off being around all the time when they need you………..

Truck route with cookies/snacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry was a mortician?

No....I...Uh....suspect maybe he was working undercover for the CIA...

But....Uh...I don't think he'd want that information to get around..

So let's just keep it between YOU and ME, OK ?

Truck route with cookies/snacks?

Yes Pepperidge Farm snack rout. Spent 25 years in the publishing bushiness at Time Inc. They had enough of me last year and let me go. Wanted to do something completely different and have more time with my kids. Brother has a Stella dora route and Brother inlaw has a Martins bread rout. So its in the family….lol

• Like 1

Yes Pepperidge Farm snack rout. Spent 25 years in the publishing bushiness at Time Inc. They had enough of me last year and let me go. Wanted to do something completely different and have more time with my kids. Brother has a Stella dora route and Brother inlaw has a Martins bread rout. So its in the family….lol

Nice! I always see a local bread route for sale in the local craigslist

• Like 1

What did you used to do?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

I owned a Franchised cleaning business.  Not much I hadn't seen or done over those 30 years..............including Pygmy's referenced situation.

I don't miss a bit of it and was thankful to sell when I did.

No....I...Uh....suspect maybe he was working undercover for the CIA...

But....Uh...I don't think he'd want that information to get around..

So let's just keep it between YOU and ME, OK ?

Yup, the cleaning business was just cover for a MUCH larger operation.  I can't say anymore because I fear they are watching.

• Like 1

Yeah, guys, you really have to keep this quiet..

If "THEY" hear that poor Larry has been "leaking" info about his past "operation" , THEY will strap him to a gurney in his BVDs in a soundproof room and force him to listen to 5 days of non-stop BARRY MANILOW albums....Truly a fate WORSE than death.

A word of warning ...... Be sure not to be eating up all the profits.....lol. Some of that stuff is mighty hard to resist.

• Like 1

A word of warning ...... Be sure not to be eating up all the profits.....lol. Some of that stuff is mighty hard to resist.

Doc you are so right. The Old-Timers tell me you go through a phase trying everything. I'm past that now and just munch on a few things here and there. Can quickly put the lost weight back on you from being so active!

Just got back from the cabin. Had a really nice weekend with my Brother-in-law. We cleaned the cabin, posted the new land and checked out the contents of the single wide that was on the new property. You could imagine what is i this place. It has been a camp for my neighbors for about 30 years. There are all sorts of things too much to list. I want them to come back and take some of the keep-sakes but I don't know if they will make it. Posting of the property went well although I could not find my roll of posted signs. We did look in the trailer on the new property and found a whole bunch of the red plastic ones! Saw some deer tracks, not as many as I would like and a bear track. All is good in Howard can't wait to get back!!!! Here are some picts from the weekend!

post-156-0-57488800-1456088035_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-01281300-1456088049_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-81495200-1456088057_thumb.jpg

Edited by First-light
  • Like 3