Why was fracking banned?

There may have been a lot of reasons why fracking was banned, but polluted water was the issue used to gain support among the voters.  If it was a false fear, how many of the other "potential" problems are really true?  I suspect time will tell.

(P.S. what kind of person pushes to have a thread shut down?)

PS. What kind of person doesn't realize there is a difference between a shut down and a thread being put in the proper sub-forum so it doesn't clog up the recent topics list that many people use.

Basic civility should be expected and VJP consistently pushes political agendas anywhere and everywhere on this site in face of the rules of the road. This whole thread has been nothing but political and it's a shame because we're on a hunting site.

• Like 3

PS. What kind of person doesn't realize there is a difference between a shut down and a thread being put in the proper sub-forum so it doesn't clog up the recent topics list that many people use.

Basic civility should be expected and VJP consistently pushes political agendas anywhere and everywhere on this site in face of the rules of the road. This whole thread has been nothing but political and it's a shame because we're on a hunting site.

Exactly. And anyone pointing that out is called a whiner.

• Like 1

There may have been a lot of reasons why fracking was banned, but polluted water was the issue used to gain support among the voters.  If it was a false fear, how many of the other "potential" problems are really true?  I suspect time will tell.

(P.S. what kind of person pushes to have a thread shut down?)

Morning from Alaska Pang,  Just some input to the whole fracking thing=  Been there seen it in Gillette Wyomimg. Polluted 50,000 of cattle range, all the lakes on the property to include all springs and 1 2 acre lake in the ranches front yard. This ranch was the calveries support stop on a freight line. Horses, switch, supply unload, ect. The barn is still there with the harnesses and stalls as they were in the 17/1800,s.  The ranch house sits 1/4 mile off the road.  There is a filtration system at the road to/ yeah right LOLO filter 50,000 acres of polluted aqua flo. This system as diesel engines on it the size of a locca motive. When they come on they awake you at night.  The aqua flow is dead.  The only good thing that came out of this is= the gas/oil co.had to drill deep wells to below polluted water to water his cattle spread over the 50,000 acres. Then run electric to the wells to pump. So now he has a timer on them to fill the water tanks so does not have to truck water. Seeing is believing. NO FRACKING  Water is a commodity as oil and gas. Do you want to frieghter in water from China??

When the money was rolling in from the open pit minning of coal everyone was happy too. Now all the high acid in the creeks will not support fish/marine life. The RMEF have spent millions there reclaimming mines and replanting for the Elk/Deer/ Turkeys ECT

Spent a few weeks in Bute on business last year. Very sad what the open mining pits did to the ecosystem there.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I don't see any difference between this thread and any other thread in the General Chit Chat forum.  I wasn't even aware there were "sub-forums".  How many sub forums does this site have and where can I access them?

I don't recall seeing another thread on here by Mr VJP.  How is a thread classified as political and where can I find the rules of the road you mentioned?  Basic civility is great, but it can't be one sided.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I don't see any difference between this thread and any other thread in the General Chit Chat forum.  I wasn't even aware there were "sub-forums".  How many sub forums does this site have and where can I access them?

I don't recall seeing another thread on here by Mr VJP.  How is a thread classified as political and where can I find the rules of the road you mentioned?  Basic civility is great, but it can't be one sided.

are you on taptalk on your phone or the full site on a computer?

I thought based on the title I was going to get MR VJP's assessment on how activists succeeded. 

For or against it, a good take home message is that it shows how a focused effort by activists can influence politicians and even defeat big (really big) money. 

Hunting activism can do the same, you just need focus.....

As a side note: Pennsylvania Game Commission owns millions of acres of land. They allow fracking, and other extraction industries to operate on their vast lands under a lease. They also allow timber harvest. 

After years of these practices on all that land, the PGC has indicated it is suffering financially and needs to increase its sporting license fees for the first time in 15 years. 

Yet, the buzz for so long was that the landowner in NY with 1,000 or 100 acres - or less was going to hit it rich. 

Here is some more context on the subject:

NY raises 25,000 pheasant at a cost of $1.30 per hunter, per year. Since the Life Time License Revenue is invested in the STIP; the pheasant stocking program is paid in advance, indefinitely.

PA raises 200,000 pheasant at a cost of $6.70 per hunter, per year. The last few years, PA advertised that it was able to boost its pheasant production some bit over 200,000 birds, because of the Fracking leases on state game lands. As stated above, Pa is proposing a license fee hike for 2017 which they say is needed because they need money. 

So, the science is all wrong you say. So, then, how do you reconcile the economics in Pa? And, why would the small landowner get rich if the PGC, which had not had financial woes for many decades, now does? The peak of fracking was within the last 3 years, was it not? That is with timber harvest, and other forms of extraction, not just natural gas fracking. 

I thought based on the title I was going to get MR VJP's assessment on how activists succeeded. 

For or against it, a good take home message is that it shows how a focused effort by activists can influence politicians and even defeat big (really big) money. 

Hunting activism can do the same, you just need focus.....

As a side note: Pennsylvania Game Commission owns millions of acres of land. They allow fracking, and other extraction industries to operate on their vast lands under a lease. They also allow timber harvest. 

After years of these practices on all that land, the PGC has indicated it is suffering financially and needs to increase its sporting license fees for the first time in 15 years. 

Yet, the buzz for so long was that the landowner in NY with 1,000 or 100 acres - or less was going to hit it rich. 

Here is some more context on the subject:

NY raises 25,000 pheasant at a cost of $1.30 per hunter, per year. Since the Life Time License Revenue is invested in the STIP; the pheasant stocking program is paid in advance, indefinitely.

PA raises 200,000 pheasant at a cost of $6.70 per hunter, per year. The last few years, PA advertised that it was able to boost its pheasant production some bit over 200,000 birds, because of the Fracking leases on state game lands. As stated above, Pa is proposing a license fee hike for 2017 which they say is needed because they need money. 

So, the science is all wrong you say. So, then, how do you reconcile the economics in Pa? And, why would the small landowner get rich if the PGC, which had not had financial woes for many decades, now does? The peak of fracking was within the last 3 years, was it not? That is with timber harvest, and other forms of extraction, not just natural gas fracking. 

Correction: As of 2015 PGC owns 1.5 million acres in state game lands.....

Environmental concerns revolving around water usage and chemical use in the process...I think. 

from a comment i saw online:

Read any mainstream article and you will always, ALWAYS, come across the trio: water, sand and CHEMICALS.  The reason they do this is to mention the CHEMICALS to rile you up.  Of course the CHEMICALS are 95% guar gum (or a cellulose polymer which is probably used in your ice cream), acid/bases to adjust the pH, and a biocide that your kids swim in and swallow everytime they go into a swimming pool.  But forget about that.  Note the one ingredient.  SAND.  The sand is used to hold the fractures open.  Look at a grain of sand.  Yes, that is the fracture size.  The apocalypse huge grand canyon opening up and polluting mother earth giai is total bull sh!t.  The fractures are the size of sand, and they inadvertently admit it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...