Yes, I'm a total newb

The Noble Barbarian

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to hunting. I'm going to hunt with a compound bow to start and probably progress to rifle hunting in the future. I recently bought the Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Crossbow. I'm thinking of buying the Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows. Are any of you familiar with these arrows and do you think they will work well with my bow?

A one word response to a question with links............are you suggesting something hinky is going on here?

I hope that's not what he's suggesting. I'll remove the links if it's a problem, though I don't really see much of a difference if a member can simply do a google search of the bow and arrows. 

Apparently I can't edit the original post. 

Maybe not to the other guy but it looked like spam to me. 

Now that I see you are NOT a computer, I'll say that there is nothing wrong with your combination as long as the arrows are matched to your draw length and bow's poundage.

Google "arrow spine" for more a more scientific explanation.  :)

Welcome to the fray............................

Edited by Lawdwaz

A one word response to a question with links............are you suggesting something hinky is going on here?

I may be wrong but that's what I was suggesting.   

I could post to a hundred sites adding links to something that I was getting commission on selling and not be a computer.  Just be honest about what your intentions are.  I like to be informed of new products, but don't like feeling snookered.

Again I may be wrong.

I can't tell real quick if those links to amazon include referral id or not. It's easy to tell if compared to one that you know does.

As for OP I wouldn't get those arrows, those are over $10/piece and if you are a newbie you will lose some (I mean break). Even entry level easton carbon arrows at $30/box of 6 will let you get really solid groups once you get good enough. Save the money until you are better, IMO :)

I was going to ask where you are from but before I did that, I figured I'd check your profile.

I see nothing but a goose egg..........

Well, where are you from?

I'm from New York City. I'm moving upstate in early July. 

I may be wrong but that's what I was suggesting.   

I could post to a hundred sites adding links to something that I was getting commission on selling and not be a computer.  Just be honest about what your intentions are.  I like to be informed of new products, but don't like feeling snookered.

Again I may be wrong.

You are wrong, but I understand where you're coming from.

I can't tell real quick if those links to amazon include referral id or not. It's easy to tell if compared to one that you know does.

As for OP I wouldn't get those arrows, those are over $10/piece and if you are a newbie you will lose some (I mean break). Even entry level easton carbon arrows at $30/box of 6 will let you get really solid groups once you get good enough. Save the money until you are better, IMO :)

I planned on getting those arrows because the reviews make them sound really good. Is there a particular brand of $30/box of 6 arrows you would recommend?

Edited by The Noble Barbarian
  • Like 3

Welcome, I agree with everyone else.....Those arrows are excellent arrows but there is really no reason to spend that kind of money. Get a dozen or two of some cheaper carbon arrows with the correct spine for your draw weight. Get all the same kind, and then practice practice practice.....If money is no object to you then awesome! You can def use those if you get the correct spine for you bow....I always look at those when I am browsing at a store. Can't bring myself to pull the trigger. My Gold Tips work fine for half the cost....