First buck worth mounting

WhiteTailBuckDeer

i had him pegged as a 3 or 3 1/2. the gentlemen who scored him said he was a 3 1/2.

the points look more stubby in the picture then in person. im taking a picture looking up at the mount, im not a very tall guy lol. but the the a few of the tines were 3-4" the others were 5-7" avge.

i had him pegged as a 3 or 3 1/2. the gentlemen who scored him said he was a 3 1/2.

the points look more stubby in the picture then in person. im taking a picture looking up at the mount, im not a very tall guy lol. but the the a few of the tines were 3-4" the others were 5-7" avge.

He's a nice buck!!  What's the spread and where did you get him?

LOL not as many as some of the other guys on here, they have killed some huge deer. its funny is this one just happened to be my first buck ever, first year hunting with the gun. a nice prize for a 16 year old at the time

the "92 is my second buck, and so forth.. the '94 buck scored 169-9 gross 155-3 net I shot him in his bed at about 30 yards.... the other 2 score just under 100... the '92 buck is one that my dad and I hunted for 3 days.. i shot him in his bed at 8 yards... the temp was 5 degrees that day... it was so cold that he hung tight in his bed (which was tucked away in a thick blow down) until it was too late.

• 2 weeks later...

The Deer on the right was my first buck. I shot it on opening day of the 2000 season and was aged at 3 1/2 . Deer on the left I shot of on 07. Left deer scored 140-4 right 126-6. The buck I shot this past season I think is the first offspring from my 140 cause both racks have the same Characteristics.

post-2008-131455414403_thumb.jpg

post-2008-131455414421_thumb.jpg

Nice bucks, brandonjp! 

It's interesting observing genetic lines in an area.  All the racks I've collected are from two distinct lines, very recognizable.  My 2010 buck is the only differing one, and my neighbor has a nearly identical rack to that, collected a couple years ago. 

• 6 months later...