Voting Reminder

philoshop

Germane to the subject of hunting in NY, there are also State Level Special Elections being held today in a few districts in NYC and Long Island.

NY Dove Hunting sent questionnaires to the candidates running in those special elections and published a report. We have identified one anti-hunter. Other candidates who have not responded to our questionnaire are noted. Failure to respond is usually not a favorable sign.   

We will continue this effort through the November elections and update the report, so bookmark this link. 

To read the report go to this link:

http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/candidate-responses-or-lack-thereof.html

• Like 1

I sent in my voters registration almost two months ago to switch parties and they never updated my status as of yesterday so I might not vote today. I'll check again at the polling station to see if my status has been updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent in my voters registration almost two months ago to switch parties and they never updated my status as of yesterday so I might not vote today. I'll check again at the polling station to see if my status has been updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in Assembly District 59? If so there is a Special Election to fill the vacancy. Unfortunately neither candidate responded to our questionnaire, so we know nothing about their attitudes toward hunting. Perhaps if there is a third candidate we did not find out about vote for him or her.

Quick! Where's the air marshal? This thread has just been hijacked!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, like this is not a hunting site....

News Flash - the biggest impact on HUNTING laws in NY is the NYC Assembly.  There are three special elections today for seats in the NYC Assembly.In addition there is another for a senate seat on Long Island which is almost as significant to hunting - perhaps more because a democrat win will shift the balance of power in the senate. 

Yup, you high jacked the thread alright...

Yeah, like this is not a hunting site....

Guess I just find it funny to think that just because this is a "hunting site", that would be the only reason a member might vote a certain scripted way appointed by any other member  (you to Elmo) even with yourself being in the dark.

I myself, as I'm sure many other members here, have many different passions and major concerns with this election outside of hunting that would take priority over my/our decisions to vote based off of what any dove dorkanization has to say. (sp?)

I can respect some of your followers, but YOU lost me a long time ago.

• Like 1

Still counting the Special Elections - 

Nothing in Senate 9 is not reported yet - this is the district we identified an anti-hunter, in red.

State Senate

DISTRICT 9
Special Election

CANDIDATES PARTY VOTE PCT.
Laurence Hirsch Green 0 0.0%  ANTI-HUNTER
Todd Kaminsky Democrat 0 0.0
Christopher McGrath Republican 0 0.0
0% reporting (0 of 283 precincts)

State Assembly

DISTRICT 59
Special Election

Jaime Williams Democrat 816 56.3%
Jeffrey Ferretti Republican 634 43.7
1,450 votes, 20% reporting (17 of 87 precincts)

DISTRICT 62
Special Election

CANDIDATES PARTY
Ronald Castorina Uncontested
Republican

DISTRICT 65
Special Election

Alice Cancel Democrat 1,480 39.9%
Yuh-Line Niou Working Families 1,371 37.0
Lester Chang Republican 738 19.9
Dennis Levy Green 117 3.2
3,706 votes, 41% reporting (40 of 98 precincts)

Edited by mike rossi

Guess I just find it funny to think that just because this is a "hunting site", that would be the only reason a member might vote a certain scripted way appointed by any other member  (you to Elmo) even with yourself being in the dark.

I myself, as I'm sure many other members here, have many different passions and major concerns with this election outside of hunting that would take priority over my/our decisions to vote based off of what any dove dorkanization has to say. (sp?)

I can respect some of your followers, but YOU lost me a long time ago.

ok gus, whatever you say......

Edited by mike rossi

ok gus, whatever you say......

Don't worry buddy, I did get to read your post before the edit.

Classy as usual when your back's against the wall.

I don't think you give much consideration to how easy it is to kick back and oppose something, as it is to drum up support for something petty as your cause.

That might be your organizations biggest downfall. For every ten voters you turn in, you turn twenty off from ALL walks of life not just those you approve of! (no I don't have statistics on that, but I'm sure I'm pretty damn close)

Take some time to let that sink in for a minute, unlike the way you did with your "un-edited post".

I really thought you would have put me on your blocked list by now....., but as drunk as you were insinuating I was.... well, I must be making some kind of sence to you to NOT be on that list yet, so listen up or loose the battle you chose to fight!

• Like 1

Sheesh! I just wanted everyone to know there was voting going on today.

Pretty sure most got that.

Some just chose to exploit it when they seen a glimmer of last chance hope.

My bad for derailing....

Back to the dove hunting chatter that will change this country for the better. :rolleyes:

• Like 2