Mosquitos

Dom

These dang bugs are out in force at my place,could be all the leaf removal that I have been doing.This got myself thinking I have rain barrels at both ends of my house and thinking if I use some fish tank or some kind of pump in the to keep water air rated it would lesson the chances of them becoming a breeding pool.

These dang bugs are out in force at my place,could be all the leaf removal that I have been doing.This got myself thinking I have rain barrels at both ends of my house and thinking if I use some fish tank or some kind of pump in the to keep water air rated it would lesson the chances of them becoming a breeding pool.

Might work. Im not sure but I think they breed mostly in stagnant water.

i bought a bug zapper because i have TONS of mosquitos by me.  there is a swamp behind my house.  The zapper cleared the situation up within a week or so.  It went from not being able to be outside to hanging out all night with no bugs at all.

Id invest in a zapper that hangs.   

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Summit-12-in-Mosquito-Dunks-6-Pack-110-12/100334779

these work pretty well, been using them for years.

From what I read on them they are effective thanks for the help.I would rather have a non herbaiside/pesticide in the rain barrel where as I use this for not only for watering my plants but also for outdoor cleaning house and cars.Just looking for a safe way of keeping from being a breeding ground for mosquitos.I was thinking of a cap full of bleach 1 time a month per 55 gallons would work/along with a pump of some kind to keep water moving

We have basically had drought conditions for quite a stretch now, and I believe it has kept those critters down quite a bit. However, now we have started to get some rain and we'll have to see how that effects the bug population. But so far - so good.

Edited by Doc