Just got my hands on the 30-30 Marlin

Personally i love the lever action guns. So when my girlfriends dad showed me his 30-30 Marlin with a nice scope on it and he said he would sell it, I went home and opened up my box i keep my money i am saving in. I had $400 cash i told him that i was willing to offer. He said because he dosnt use it at all and he knows ill use it alot and that he thinks im a good kid he said its a deal! wood stock. I love it. Even though my whole summer earnings from the past few years is GONE. luckly i have a few extra dollars tucked away that i can use incase i need anything for this years Duck and goose hunting.  :D

I have Marlin lever action rifles in both .30-30 and .35 Rem.  I put a nice little Leupold 2.5X scope on the .35 Rem because it's an older model with a very small rear sight blade, and my old eyes are not as good as they were.

Great classic Upstate N Y deer rifles!

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a single shot 30-06 for years but last year acquired an old model 94 Winchester 30-30 from a buddy that i used in 2010.. I love it... I was looking at a Henry 30-30 just before my friend gave me his 30-30.. I have another friend that just bought a new Henry and I've shot it.. thats a great rifle as well