Game camera's....which one is best?

Seriously thinking of getting one of those units. But with a vast assortment out on the market, I don't want to end up getting a bad one.

Which ones are rated at or near the top, for dependability, ease of use etc.?

Paulie....I am ignorant as hell of such things, but about 3 or 4 years ago I asked the question on this forum..

On the advice of several knowledgable  forum members, I bought a Covert MP 6...I used  it a year and was very happy with it, so I bought another one. 

To date those little cameras have taken THOUSANDS of images, and they are both still working as well today as when I bought them.  The batteries seem to last almost forever, and the images are very good, IMHO...I have left them out in all types of weather for months at a time and never had an issue.

They cost me about $120-130  apiece when I when bought them.  Don't know what they are going for now..

I am sure that some of the more knowledgable game cam folks will chime in here and help you out., but with my limited experience I would not hesitate to recommend the Covert .

Except for one model camera , I have had the best luck with Moultrie Game Cameras .

I have three Moultrie I35 GameSpy cams  . one  has been out for 5years and still takes excellent pictures .

Phade told us about the MOUltrie TRACE Premise cams and I now own 4 of those . I was able to buy them for $40 each . Great buy for the price . 

I did own a couple of Primos mini cams and neither of those worked very long and are in the junk pile . I had 3 Primos Truth cams and 2 of those are now trash . 

So , in my opinion , the Moultries are the best for low cost & efficiency but no doubt Phade will probably feel the Covert Black Flash are the best . 

• Like 2

Except for one model camera , I have had the best luck with Moultrie Game Cameras .

I have three Moultrie I35 GameSpy cams  . one  has been out for 5years and still takes excellent pictures .

Phade told us about the MOUltrie TRACE Premise cams and I now own 4 of those . I was able to buy them for $40 each . Great buy for the price . 

I did own a couple of Primos mini cams and neither of those worked very long and are in the junk pile . I had 3 Primos Truth cams and 2 of those are now trash . 

So , in my opinion , the Moultries are the best for low cost & efficiency but no doubt Phade will probably feel the Covert Black Flash are the best . 

i agree Eddie, for the price I have had good luck with the Moultrie A-5 Gen 2 cams, pretty basic but for $59 each I'm pleased. I do have 2 of the Covert black flash and love them also. I bought them last year on Phades advice and they are great cams, just have to pay more.

Maybe I missed something, but didn't you ask the same question about 12 hours earlier on another thread?

I thought I made that post, but couldn't find it anywhere? So I did a re-do..............

• Like 2

I thought I made that post, but couldn't find it anywhere? So I did a re-do..............

That's funny. I've done the same thing but differently before. Think about doing something and forget that I've already done it.

Getting old ain't pretty........... :)

• Like 2