It's Official!

DirtTime

When it comes to inside, I learned a long time ago, to just agree with her.

So true Grampy except for the kitchen she gets to decide on the rest of the house inside,and some flower beds outside.

• Like 1

We ended up in the middle. Carpet more to my my color choice, sofa color was hers but I like it, and the chairs we both agreed on.

I'm old school country/cabin look with neutral colors, she's a little more newer age with bright and vibrant colors. We reached a pretty happy medium.

She gets to decide new curtains and blinds, and where the furniture will be placed. Not messing with that as long as the natural light still gets in.

We didn't buy anything yet, but we are trying to be pro-active and get things done and picked out so once Monday is done we can move ahead at a good pace.

Edited by ....rob

Dotted all the I's and crossed all the t's. Done deal. Put insurance on and picked up the keys this evening.

We did a more thorough look and noticed a few things we didn't in the initial viewing that have to be fixed soon. The washer is old and very small as is the dryer. They hung the closet doors in the master back up and they are mirrors, meaning almost one full wall is mirrors, that has to go.

I thought I would be more excited. To much to get done to really let it sink in right now.

• Like 1

Expressing need for garage/man-space in 3-2-1...

Joking! Congratulations, and I wish you all the best!

Thank you.

No garage, and the current shed is good for the mower, snowblower, camping gear etc., but not for a man cave. Already had a conversation about this. LOL. Might be a 10'X12' additional shed in the future. But will be a couple years.

Dotted all the I's and crossed all the t's. Done deal. Put insurance on and picked up the keys this evening.

We did a more thorough look and noticed a few things we didn't in the initial viewing that have to be fixed soon. The washer is old and very small as is the dryer. They hung the closet doors in the master back up and they are mirrors, meaning almost one full wall is mirrors, that has to go.

I thought I would be more excited. To much to get done to really let it sink in right now.

Youve got 30 years to get it just the way you (she) likes it, don't stress out lol
  • Like 1

Not if you keep drinking that Mexican beer biz!

:rofl:

Many hard years of partying doesn't help me, but medical has come a long way. An even 100 sounds good. I feel like I got 68 good years left in me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Congratulations again rob! Take everything just one day and one thing at a time. Having moved last September, I can tell you that is the best way to go at it. Before you know it you will be comfortably settled and comfortably numb!

• Like 1

Took a small load out this evening and showed the place to the g/f's parents. Had to give them a key as they are going to go hang out when the guy comes to measure for the new carpet and when they come to install it.

Also had to get the meter number to get electricity turned on. They aren't numbered by lot so I hope I have the right one.

:blink:

Saw a dead deer along 9W on the way up.

Edited by ....rob

So how is your new home?I myself own and live in a Mobile home and enjoy it.Mine is a 1973 24x70 3 bedroom 2 bath many up grade's since purchased.My biggest project was going from a gally style kitchen to a full sit down eat in kitchen.Yea I knocked down some wall and made it the way I wanted but still have some things to get done.

• Like 1

So how is your new home?I myself own and live in a Mobile home and enjoy it.Mine is a 1973 24x70 3 bedroom 2 bath many up grade's since purchased.My biggest project was going from a gally style kitchen to a full sit down eat in kitchen.Yea I knocked down some wall and made it the way I wanted but still have some things to get done.

We haven't moved in yet. Ours is older as well, '85 and needs some updating. I can't recall exact dimensions right now, sorry. Lot on my mind. It's a single wide 14 x?. It's a nice home in what seems like a good park. Our first 'official' night living there will be July 2nd.

We have an eat in kitchen, a nice living room with a bar for separation, complete with an over head wine glass holder. That wine glass thing don't mean didly to me. My beer glasses still have to be in a cupboard. LOL

• Like 1

No Jets beer glasses I hope like Zem ?!

My beer glasses consist of 4 Slipknot, 4 Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Robs Tavern, 1 Long Trail, and the Stella pretty glass I just bought. I will be buying a few Bills glasses, to go with the mix.

But no, no teams that play in Jersey and call themselves NY.

I will admit, I would rather drink a beer from a Jets glass then Giants glass.

• Like 3

Maybe you said this already, but what town did u move to?

Selkirk. Not way out in the boonies, but good enough for me.

Just his "girly" gold rimmed glass!! Haha

Yep. Now I want a gold rimmed Bills glass. LOL

• Like 2

Buying a "mobile" home was the best life decision I have ever made, being 30 and completely debt free and never having a mortgage allows me to live! My friends and coworkers constantly ask how I afford all my guns and toys and I remind them that my house costs me 1700$ a year!

• Like 3

Buying a "mobile" home was the best life decision I have ever made, being 30 and completely debt free and never having a mortgage allows me to live! My friends and coworkers constantly ask how I afford all my guns and toys and I remind them that my house costs me 1700$ a year!

Heck ya same boat here 27 and only 5 more years till I own free and clear

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1