1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Rockspec good advice given.  the only this I haven't seen picked up is make sure you're not canting your bow (top of bow tipped to your right versus straight up).  if you've got a bubble level on your sight make sure it's true before using it as a reference.  hang a weight on a thin rope like a one you'd pull your gear up into your stand with.  come to full draw with an arrow nocked and anchor. then point bow up and down keeping the string vertically inline with the hanging string.  if your bubble stays centered the whole time, you're good to go.

I talked to the folks at bullseye over near Bloomfield and they are gona give me a little guidance tomorrow. However I'll try to go there sat too because they said they are having a customer appreciation day. Anybody else wanna go?

image.jpg

Damn wish I didn't live so far away

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If You're going to get a release I wouldn't worry about arrow flight until you have it. Whatever is going on is probably being caused by your fingers

Yeah I got a release but I think I'd have to get my string shortened or something. It feels awkward. I finally spent some real time other than just 5 min in the morning real quick to pop a first shot picture up. I'm kinda getting the hang of using my fingers tho. We'll see what help I get from the bow shop. 

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Can you adjust the length of the barrel of the release?

I gotta be honest with you I'm not sure what the barrel of the release is.  Maybe I can.  I'm gona go to the bow shop tomorrow if I have the time and learn a lesson or two.  I'm hoping they will be helpful because they are close by and I tend to be pretty loyal.  However I spent some more time with my bow and I corrected the arrow veering right when releasing by my fingers by rolling the string onto my fingers so when I release and it rolls off it shoots straight.  It helped a ton and at 15 yards I shot 3 arrows in a row into the ring I was aiming for so I was encouraged with what a little quality time can do.  Each day is ticking by.

Rockspec a mechanical release aid will definitely help in a hurry.  if you do look at releases don't go cheap on handheld releases and if looking at index trigger/wrist strap ones keep some things in mind.  a buckle strap versus Velcro will be more consistent.  also adjustable length is nice but know that your trigger should be right there by your finger with when your finger is relaxed.  if you have to reach for the trigger that's bad, you're not pulling it straight back on the trigger and you'll have tension/movement in your hand.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rockspek said:

I talked to the folks at bullseye over near Bloomfield and they are gona give me a little guidance tomorrow. However I'll try to go there sat too because they said they are having a customer appreciation day. Anybody else wanna go?

image.jpg

I'm planning on pulling my camera cards early Sat. What time  does it start ? I may also get called in for overtime tomorrow , which would cancell all my plans . I would know that sometime early  tonight .

9 hours ago, Larry302 said:

I'm planning on pulling my camera cards early Sat. What time  does it start ? I may also get called in for overtime tomorrow , which would cancell all my plans . I would know that sometime early  tonight .

I think they said 9 am  I'm gonna bring my kids over I think sometime before noon

Btw I went to bullseye this morning and even though they were busy setting up they spent a little time to set me up with my bow and give me some pointers.  I now shoot with a release instead of my fingers and am comfortable at 20 or so yards without my arrows swerving instead of swerving at 15

• Like 4

Btw I went to bullseye this morning and even though they were busy setting up they spent a little time to set me up with my bow and give me some pointers.  I now shoot with a release instead of my fingers and am comfortable at 20 or so yards without my arrows swerving instead of swerving at 15

Good Stuff only matter of time when your shooting consistently before you move further back...also agree that release is the way to go unless on a trad

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This morning is a lesson about wind!  First shot was the one on the left. 

Went to Bullseye's customer appreciation day yesterday in Bloomfield. My four year old one a dozen fmj's that he nicely gave to me. I don't think I would have bought such expensive arrows so that's pretty cool. 

image.jpg