Common Sense Law or Zero Intelligence?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't take it personally, i usually don't pay attention to zealots.  actually, you only asked once.  anyway, my definition of an assault weapon would be one whose calibur or capacity exceed the reasonable needs for hunting purposes.  and, thanks for clarifying what 'opinion' means- i don't need google to help me form an opinion.

don't take it personally, i usually don't pay attention to zealots.  actually, you only asked once.  anyway, my definition of an assault weapon would be one whose calibur or capacity exceed the reasonable needs for hunting purposes.  and, thanks for clarifying what 'opinion' means- i don't need google to help me form an opinion.

1. Problem with you definition is. No place in the constitution do we have a right to hunt.

2. It's your definition

3. Arguing the AW definition  means you agree with restrictions, regulations and infringements.

4. Every state has a little different definition.

5. The AW definition was created by anti gun people and law makers. Then it's used by pro gun types as a definition because most are to stupid to simply state the definition is wrong.  They are willing to compromise another deal to give up our rights.

bpb- so, what is your point?  the constitution was never intended to be an exhaustive list of our rights.  that's why we have an entire court system whose role is to interpret the consititution.  and, what is so wrong with restrictions and regulations?  these are the things that allow for a civilized society.  individual states have different definitions and different laws regarding thousands of issues.  what's your point.  as far as your last 'point', i don't even know where to start.  you're upset with anti-gun people/lawmakers and pro-gun people also- you lost me here.  i think the term 'pro-gun' is where the problem starts.  what would be so wrong with 'pro-common sense'?  how do you all feel about tanks?  should anyone with a drivers license and a wide driveway be allowed to own one?  how about fighter jets?  or cruise missiles?  how far from common sense are you willing to stray to 'protect your rights'? 

my definition of an assault weapon would be one whose calibur or capacity exceed the reasonable needs for hunting purposes. 

Finish your definition - what are the calibers and capacities that exceed "reasonable"?

Part 2 is: who defines "reasonable"?

First of all, Im no zealot. Second, I asked twice, go back and read. Third, I never "clarified" opinion, I merely asked for yours.

Now could you clarify exactly what you mean by "calibur or capacity exceed the reasonable needs for hunting purposes" because that is a pretty vague answer.

i haven't been trying to avoid answering the calibur/capacity question.  i'm not an expert on the subject.  but, if/when the time comes for legislation, i would want to be sure that there are objective experts weighing in on the subject.  now, i know that all the paranoids will have a field day with that one.  let me guess, the big bad government is gonna bring in a bunch of bogus 'experts' just so they can pass legislation to take away your guns and your hunting rights, right?

so how does my Marlin Model 60  with a tube mag and capacityof 14 fit into your definition? or how about a lever action with a capacity of 9 or 10

but, if/when the time comes for legislation, i would want to be sure that there are objective experts weighing in on the subject.

I don't think the our Rep.'s have a a great track record of getting any opinions other than their own. I heard an aweful lot of what I think are more expert than they are voice opinions against the health care bill......they didn't listen to any of them. heck most admitted to not even know what was in the bill and how it would play out. They are not above pushing bills through to suit them and their contributors (all of them...not just Dem.'s) They way they bundle bills together with so much unassociated stuff.

nys regulates how many shells we can have in our shotguns for waterfowl hunting.  don't remember for sure, but i'd assume there are similar rules regarding big game.  so, i can't imagine any reason why we'd need any capacity greater than the hunting laws allow. 

nys regulates how many shells we can have in our shotguns for waterfowl hunting.  don't remember for sure, but i'd assume there are similar rules regarding big game.  so, i can't imagine any reason why we'd need any capacity greater than the hunting laws allow.

I've only hunted waterfowl one time in my life, but I've always been under the impression that waterfowl hunting is controlled by the feds.  So my thinking was they set the limits on the 3-shot rule.  Am I wrong in my thinking - just askin'.

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

•  
  • with any semi-automatic firearm with a capacity to hold more than 6 rounds, EXCEPT the following semi-automatic firearms:     
  • firearms using .22 or .17 caliber rimfire ammunition, or

• firearms altered to reduce their capacity to no more than 6 shells at one time in the magazine and chamber combined, or

• autoloading pistols with a barrel length of less than eight inches.

[*] 

So an AR with a 5 shot clip is a hunting rifle under #2...so must not be an assult rifle

Ever see films of the Soviet Union? Fat old ladies out shoveling snow off RR tracks, sidewalks, and the like. They didn't work, they didn't get a paycheck. Everyone worked where & when the gov't told them. You didn't have the choice between being an engineer, or a busboy, a traitorous troll, or a ditch digger. The gov't made the decision. That's what will happen if Barry HuJinTau Obama's policies are allowed to continue in this country.

Yeah, we have all seen films of the old Soviet Union.  You forget that the people living in the old Soviet Union ditched that government a good while ago.  Only people living in LaLa land think that this country now wants to go down that same route.  If you don't like Barry, get someone to run who can beat him in the next election.  Quite simple really.  Complaining about him won't solve much.

Yep, righty doesn't like leftist policy, and he's automatically a racist. What a farce, and joke you on the left are. Same old, same old. You ned to come up with a new strategy because this one's getting old.

Are you not aware of the concerted efforts in this country to stop hunting?  When that happens, why will you need to own a hunting firearm?  You will have painted yourself into a corner at that point and have no argument for keeping them, will you? 

So who is making this concerted effort?  PETA? The humane society?  Sorry to tell you, but their concerted efforts have not put more than a mere scratch on hunting in this country.  As far as I know every damned state in the union has a hunting season of one form or another.  Even the most liberal states have never put an outright ban on hunting into effect.  Yeah, maybe a special hunt has been  stopped somewhere along the way, but as I've said this is no more than a mere scratch on hunting opportunities in this country.  Hunting brings in the bulk of revenue for wildlife and environmental management to states and it will be a cold day in hell before the states just throw away such a source of revenue.  Hunting ain't going anywhere anytime soon!!  Sorry to have to say it but some of you guys are downright paranoid.  You think the boogeymen are hiding in the bushes in your backyards and are out to get for everything that you do.  This is pretty sad if you ask me.  One should go about living life and not constantly be obsessed with what the other guy may have up his sleeve.

Ask NJ bear hunters about PETA, etc., stopping the hunts there. You are a piece of work, and that's putting it mildly. The left attacks in all areas. Their motto: "The end justifies the means

seems part of your platform/persona, too.

bpb- so, what is your point?  the constitution was never intended to be an exhaustive list of our rights.  that's why we have an entire court system whose role is to interpret the consititution.  and, what is so wrong with restrictions and regulations?  these are the things that allow for a civilized society.  individual states have different definitions and different laws regarding thousands of issues.  what's your point.  as far as your last 'point', i don't even know where to start.  you're upset with anti-gun people/lawmakers and pro-gun people also- you lost me here.  i think the term 'pro-gun' is where the problem starts.  what would be so wrong with 'pro-common sense'?  how do you all feel about tanks?  should anyone with a drivers license and a wide driveway be allowed to own one?  how about fighter jets?  or cruise missiles?  how far from common sense are you willing to stray to 'protect your rights'?

Congress have no power to  disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the  soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the  sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but,  where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

Founder & Patriot Tenche Coxe

According to his definition, that means automatic weapons (the real Assault rifle), LAWS (Light Anti-Tank Weapons Systems), RPG's, grenades, even hand held Stinger missiles. These are weapons our current military man might carry and use.

how do you all feel about tanks?

Actually a tank might be nice.  I would make sure I drove it by the houses of some of the members here just to freak them out a bit.  They would think that the boogeymen have finally arrived!  LOL

So, you're one of the tyrants. Also, what I call an infil'traitor'.

And the government, PETA, animal rights groups, etc. have never done anything at all to give anyone pause that our hunting rights on public land may ever be in jeopardy!!!

:;)

Some people never see it coming.

I see death coming to you and me one day also.  You can be sure we won't escape it.  Should I spend every minute of the day worrying about it?  I sure won't.

Death is inevitable.. gun ownershiprights and hunting rightsdon't have to be.. thats the difference