Dying to hit the woods

Borngeechee

Biting my nails here! I'm so excited to get in the woods it's killing me! Also waiting to close on the new hunting camp. All conditions of my mortgage have been met except the appraisal is tomorrow.. I'm hoping that I can get this signed and sealed and still have a weekend to hang stands before October 1st... But you never know with theses things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unexpected events came up the last two weekends (okay...maybe I "forgot" about my wife's grandmothers birthday yesterday) so I haven't been able to go but definitely hitting the woods in this coming weekend. "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride...nobody's gonna slow me down..."

• Like 1

I have been itching to get out there too.  I took a walk yesterday after work. I was frustrated with my work day, so it helped me de-stress getting out there.

Lots of squirrels, gray and black, and the chipmunks running around.  Acorns were dropping while squirrels jumped tree to tree.

Was looking for turkey to see if they made it and looking for deer sign to figure out where to set up for when the season starts up.

Trails are still in use, but no feathers or distinguishable prints in the area I was in.

Squirrels didn't mind the pellet gun (a nitro-piston powered one) go pop, so i will be taking that with me for when they get annoying while sitting out there.  It weighs as much as the rifle I had over my shoulder in case the bear came by like he did in the Spring (twice in 30 minutes).

Good thing the wife didn't try to call me.  That was the one major thing I left at home - my phone.  Oops.  Well, I did have my radio, and the only other person out there was biker on his way out, when I was heading in.