venison ribs ??

rachunter

I made them in the crock pot last year. They were good but I think I left them in to long and they basically became shredded vension. This year I will try them in the oven for 2-2 1/2 hrs and then char them up on the grill. Something about wasting meat and leaving them for the yotes just irks me so I am trying to find a way to make them so I have a go to recipe year after year. Last year I left the shanks while and made Oso Buco out of them. Never again will I grind a shank. Holy god they are good.

We coat them with BBQ rub

• 1 cup sea salt
  • 1 cup brown or white sugar
  • 1 cup sweet paprika
  • 1/2 to 1 cup coarsely ground or cracked black peppercorns
  • 3 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons granulated onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon celery seed

Roast in the oven for about an hour

They are tough but delicious, we usually cook them when we are processing a deer or making sausage

Iv seen recipes where you smoke them or use the pressure cooker, but I dont know if the end product would be worth all that trouble

4 hours ago, growalot said:

The boys(dogs) get the rib cages also the leg/shoulder bones. I cut them in half down the spine and they spend a couple of hours enjoying them selves until there is nothing left... not much meat left on any of it but seems to bulk them up for the upcoming winter months.

I should give them to mine this year