Quieting bow down

fadetoblack188

Perfect timing.  My new compound is noisy as H E double hockey sticks!

First I have to remove the cheap quiver it came with, the plastic "loop" at the top is loose and rattles with every shot.

Also, it's a 70lb model but lowered to 55lbs (said I'm new to it and want to be able to pull easily without praying to the sky), so I think it's not at its optimal settings.

I agree the best silencer is a heavy arrow, at a clinic I was shooting 200gr heads out of my longbow and they all nicknamed it the "stealth bow".

I'll be shooting 100 gr monotec's out of my new PSE.  To late to go heavier and re-sight it in.  I'm keeping my range to ~20 yards.

There are also vibration absorbing stabilizers.

A few days ago, I added monkey tails to my cables (they were already on my string), and that made a difference. I had to make sure that placement didn't affect my sight, nor touch the drawn arrow.

I have a drop-away rest, and I'll be adding moleskin to the shelf so the there's no clicking there. I'm also going to add moleskin (or felt to the part of the riser just above the shelf, and under my sight to prevent any tapping from an unsteady arrow (read: unsteady me).

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

I was using BowJax on my strings to quiet the noise . When Moog replaced my string for me (thanks again) , he said my bow was quiet enough that I didn't need them so I have kept them off . I hope he isn't hard of hearing as I am . :taunt:

They worked better for me than the String Leeches or Cat Whiskers .

BowJax

bowjax.png

• Like 1

obvious stuff like a well tuned bow, all bolts and screws are tight, arrows in quiver fit snug (despite I take it off while in stand), limbsavers or dampening bands on limbs, limbsaver everlast string leeches on string.  drop away rests are QAD with a brake in them and felt on the launcher fork.  they don't slap/contact the riser shelf when dropping.  keep strings waxed. I also shoot a slightly heavier arrow.  sometimes i'll put a band or smaller limbersavers on the top and bottom of the riser.  all compounds have string stops too shimmed and adjusted to just barely make contact.  makes as light contact with the string as possible while still making contact as long as it's oscillating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I was using BowJax on my strings to quiet the noise . When Moog replaced my string for me (thanks again) , he said my bow was quiet enough that I didn't need them so I have kept them off . I hope he isn't hard of hearing as I am . :taunt:

They worked better for me than the String Leeches or Cat Whiskers .

BowJax

bowjax.png

What did you say Eddie?

• Like 1