Letchworth

DanielT

Kinda looks like the one I let walk the other night. Lol. You were not up top in the Helena area were you?? Lots of 8pts on the park with that look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple miles towards Mt Morris end but close...saw a beautiful 6 this am

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm very far from from this park also. But curious, what makes this park have such good deer numbers? Or is this area of NY very good in general?

This park is called the Grand Canyon of the East. Goggle it and check out this land. There are bucks bigger than this guy on that park. There are bucks that will never be seen by any hunter on there. Its rough country and many guys wont put in what it takes to get to many of them.  This guy has hunted for years on the park and his son is an awesome park policeman on the park. Drink a few beers with him and look at the night pics he has of some bucks he has seen.  I would guess this buck was taken in one of two places.

If you remember correctly the last state record came from like 12 miles off the park what 4-5 years ago?  They get big there for sure. Antler restricts and rough country make for a trophy hunters dream. 

The date on the pic is kinda strange? So now to get the real prank out..This buck in fact looks like the one killed a few years back so i am not so sure on this. I know the man and the son and they do hunt the park A LOT but 2 and 2 is not adding up here.  Hmmm

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

8 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Not ny. 2014 Iowa I believe? ??? Same pic was on huntingpa in the last week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It kinda looks like the one killed here a few years back. The part i cant get is where the 2 guys names got added into the mix because they do hunt it a lot and see many a big buck.....

This park is called the Grand Canyon of the East. Goggle it and check out this land. There are bucks bigger than this guy on that park. There are bucks that will never be seen by any hunter on there. Its rough country and many guys wont put in what it takes to get to many of them.  This guy has hunted for years on the park and his son is an awesome park policeman on the park. Drink a few beers with him and look at the night pics he has of some bucks he has seen.  I would guess this buck was taken in one of two places.
If you remember correctly the last state record came from like 12 miles off the park what 4-5 years ago?  They get big there for sure. Antler restricts and rough country make for a trophy hunters dream. 
The date on the pic is kinda strange? So now to get the real prank out..This buck in fact looks like the one killed a few years back so i am not so sure on this. I know the man and the son and they do hunt the park A LOT but 2 and 2 is not adding up here.  Hmmm

I understand the point of places for bucks to hide. But all the big WT states seem to be farmlands and not rough country, that's why I'm wondering why this place is so good. Is there lots of food for them?

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I understand the point of places for bucks to hide. But all the big WT states seem to be farmlands and not rough country, that's why I'm wondering why this place is so good. Is there lots of food for them?

Id think its the same as those huge public lands of Ohio. Some amazing bucks are pulled out of each of them every year and I would say its due to the rugged country allowing bucks to reach on older age. Age is arguably more important than having ag fields around. 

• Like 1