Rut Central

Iluvracks1359

ugh . . .hate to see that, I'm so jealous of you guys down there. . . .its LOADED with deer. Are you familiar with the Kensico reservoir? I used to work as an environmental technician on that lake doing bird hazing. So we would drive boats around the lake and scare off the gulls on the water (haha yes, that's a real job.) Any ways, we also did land surveys around the lake and ive never EVER seen as many mature bucks in my life  Also these deer never get human interaction, so there was several occasions where these deer would stop 30-40 yards In front of me and not run away. Man I wish I had my bow. Also so a MONSTER standing on the lakes edge one day... he was a bit more weary than the other bucks I had seen, but there was more points than I could count, I chalked up up to be a 12-16 pointer...unbelievable deer.  

any ways, back to the rut chat :), I'm going to check my cameras this morning

• Like 1

ugh . . .hate to see that, I'm so jealous of you guys down there. . . .its LOADED with deer. Are you familiar with the Kensico reservoir? I used to work as an environmental technician on that lake doing bird hazing. So we would drive boats around the lake and scare off the gulls on the water (haha yes, that's a real job.) Any ways, we also did land surveys around the lake and ive never EVER seen as many mature bucks in my life  Also these deer never get human interaction, so there was several occasions where these deer would stop 30-40 yards In front of me and not run away. Man I wish I had my bow. Also so a MONSTER standing on the lakes edge one day... he was a bit more weary than the other bucks I had seen, but there was more points than I could count, I chalked up up to be a 12-16 pointer...unbelievable deer.  

I believe there is huntable land or used to be near Loudens Cover (sp?). I used to fish kensico for a few years before selling my boat there. Great Lake trout fishery, and if I'm not mistaken it's the southernmost body of water in the US to hold lake trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some huntable land down there and the deer learn quick and it gets very crowded

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I believe there is huntable land or used to be near Loudens Cover (sp?). I used to fish kensico for a few years before selling my boat there. Great Lake trout fishery, and if I'm not mistaken it's the southernmost body of water in the US to hold lake trout.

It is huntable, u have to get a special permit to get on the land, but yea ive never seen a hunter on it

Son and I were up in 6k from sunrise to noon.  Only half dozen people in the area.  Hope that is the norm and not just because of the weather.  Got a very quick peep at two scrawny doe (could have been the same one twice, not sure), but no horns that either of us saw.  Hopefully the wind isn't as bad as being predicted for tomorrow so I can get back out there and beat the kid to the first kill of the season... we have money resting on this ;)

57 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

any activity in the 4's or 6's?