New Ithaca Pistol

Has anyone seen this yet?? What a good looking pistol... big price tag though.

Ithaca Gun Company announces the release of the new venerable Model 1911. Manufactured 100% right here in the USA at our factory in Upper Sandusky, OH.  We’ve applied the same quality principals that go into our shotguns to this outstanding firearm. Starting with the frame and slide that are hand lapped to exacting fit for the owner that demands a precision firearm. The 1911’s will be available in the first quarter of 2011 with prices starting at $1,299.

post-1627-131455420367_thumb.jpg

You are right, Jerry...

Ithaca was contracted to make M1911s for the government during WWII, along with Remington-Rand, Singer Sewing Machine and some others... Colt could not keep up with the demand..

The 45s that I trained on  in the Horseheads USNR center were Ithacas.. They are probably still there, in some some storage room on the Lake Road Reserve Center, if it is still there..

I don't get down there too much anymore..I break out in HIVES whenever I drive east of Corning... ;) ...

My significant other gets me to the Arnot Mall now and then, but only under protest...

A little too URBAN for an old country boy like me.. ??? ...

I have seen for some time now,the old warhorses selling for that or more.......so to me ,the price seems correct. Look at the prices on a new Kimber! That will activate the pucker muscles much. ;)  It is a fine looking weapon and would'nt mind having one.....but priorities rule otherwise. You want to see something REALLY wild...check this out!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=206871796#WINNER

• 6 months later...

I love the .45ACP. I would definitely go for a Kimber or a Gold Cup Colt before I would drop that much for an Ithaca. I think Remmington is making one and Browning is making a .22 version for a reasonable price just as a commemerative of the 100th anniversary. I have a gold cup and my brother has a commander gold cup. Talk about rare.