NYC driving question

Nomad

OK tomorrow I'm going from Rochester to Brooklyn ( park slope area ) and back in one day .

Now I go through Holland tunnel and across Manhattan bridge , I've only none this week ends, I'm expecting worse traffic tomorrow , my plan is to be at the tunnel around 10:00 AM and start return home an hour or so after arriving in Brooklyn . 

Now what are the NYC guys thoughts about those times and traffic ?

Thanks

Edited by Larry302

You should be fine as you will be going against traffic as you approach  Brooklyn, most traffic will be heading into NYC at that time. Then by  11 or 11:30 when you leave most of the rush hour going towards the city should be alot less. But than again its hit or miss on some days.  I grew up not too far from park slope.

• Like 1

Ok thanks guys, daughter knows the routes and roads , she'll be with me . Basically she knows the way she always went , I was just concerned that weekday traffic doesn't add a couple hours to getting there.

no BQE we take idk some roads to Eastern Parkway ( I get a kick out of calling that a parkway , here a parkway is 55mph divided highway ).

Thanks to all, and if you see a white rented van , get out of the way!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the lunch tip, but I'm driving 650 miles ( round trip ) and loading a van on a one way road with construction going on. My goal is to get back to the motherland asap .

i offered a young guy at work $300 bucks to drive her and the van down and back , almost as a joke and he said yes.....

Thought she might be creeped out as she doesn't know him .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Thanks for the lunch tip, but I'm driving 650 miles ( round trip ) and loading a van on a one way road with construction going on. My goal is to get back to the motherland asap .

i offered a young guy at work $300 bucks to drive her and the van down and back , almost as a joke and he said yes.....

Thought she might be creeped out as she doesn't know him .

650 miles in a windowless van with a complete stranger...um ya ,that has the makings to be considered creepy .LOL.

• Like 1

Larry take the thruway over the Tappan  Zee then 87 down(first right over Tap) straight over RFK bridge get over bridge n go south on Grand Central Pkwy all the way to Park Slope maybe exit 24 or so.  Stay away form GWB

This seems like a solid plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

And all roads in Rome ends up down some narrow alley way.

In this case a one way street with construction equipment blocking part of it in front of her building ....

im going to stage all the totes out front , ( gated area daughter sits with them ) pull up on sidewalk if need be , load and go in under 5 .

In this case a one way street with construction equipment blocking part of it in front of her building ....

im going to stage all the totes out front , ( gated area daughter sits with them ) pull up on sidewalk if need be , load and go in under 5 .

Grab some cones on the way into the city and cone off the street at the intersection. You'll have all the time in the world to unload.

3 hours ago, shawnhu said:

Grab some cones on the way into the city and cone off the street at the intersection. You'll have all the time in the world to unload.

lol,thanks, I was just going to bribe the workers , if need be .

i do,have some yellow " crime scene " tape around here somewhere  as well !

Edited by Larry302