That was disturbing !!

Salmon_Run

52 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Of all the guns I have handled and brought at my local Dick's never once have they ever removed the gun lock, nor have they ever checked any gun I was in the process of buying to make sure it was unloaded. 

They hand you the gun with the gun lock on it? Never check it?

9 hours ago, reeltime said:

the weapon does not have to be loaded to meet the menacing statute of the law

someone comes in any store with a firearm, magazine and ammo it most certainly should be a cause for heightened awareness of the situation and getting control of the firearm is priority number 1.

as far as the other response goes,,,, well we would expect nothing different since they just type things against the grain of salt just to troll for responses.

You are correct, but she would have to be threatening someone with it. Carrying those things in together and bringing them to the back counter doesnt qualify. Sorry, but it just doesnt.

8 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Very simple. I would have looked at her and calmly said, "I hope that thing isn't loaded" and then hearing that it wasn't, as this post has stated, then I either would have watched "the show" or continued on with my business. Never would I have even thought of calling the police.

As for someone holding a gun, or mistakenly pointing it in my direction, at the gun counter at Dick's it wouldn't concern me in the least  

:blink:

If you want to take the word of some random batsh^t crazy woman waving a rifle around that isn't even her property, then be my guest.  Having more than two brain cells to rub together, I would not.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jdubs said:

:blink:

If you want to take the word of some random batsh^t crazy woman waving a rifle around that isn't even her property, then be my guest.  Having more than two brain cells to rub together, I would not.

Where did the original post ever say anything about her waving the gun around? I believe it said that she carried it to the counter, and placed it on the counter with no regard for muzzle safety.

Some of you guys are distorting this into a flailing lunatic waving a gun and threatening people with it. It sounds to me like she was just a ticked off customer having a hard time dealing with the store's customer service. Shes most likely not a gun enthusiast as it doesnt even sound like she bought the gun, (she was trying to return it for her father or husband or something) and probably didnt know or think about muzzle direction. It also sounds like it wasnt her first attempt to return it. You guys should save a little bit of the judgement, as you dont know the whole situation.

Again, I dont condone handling the gun like that, and there are other ways to go about expressing your dissatisfaction with something, but lets not try and twist this into something it wasnt.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:50 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Uptown, for someone who admitted you DON'T hunt why do you chose to post on a HUNTING forum. Just curious. There are plenty of Shooting forums as well as political forums who could stir the pot on.

Hmm, and in my limited interactions with Uptown, I thought he (or she) was a hunter that just had a liberal leaning mindset of which I'm tolerant of as I respect most people's opinions even if it doesn't match my own.

So just a troll to rile people up after all...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

a hunter that just had a liberal leaning mindset 

So just a troll to rile people up after all...

I do hunt but not as often as i used to. I freely admit I would much rather fish then waste my time sitting outside in the cold waiting for a deer. However me and my neighbor will venture into the woods a few days for a few hours each season. Hunting no longer rates as high on my things to do list as it once did. The passion and desire to shoot a deer is just not what it once was.  

• Like 1

I think some village is missing a member and they landed here: 

The village idiot in strict terms is a person locally known for ignorance or stupidity,[1] but is also a common term for a stereotypically silly or nonsensical person.

The term is also used as a stereotype of the mentally disabled. ....

• Like 1