Dads toothpick creation

NYBowhunter

12 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Very cool. Any idea of what the actual toothpick count might be ? Curious on how he adheres them all. Being so thin I imagine gluing has to be tricky without leaving excess glue showing.
Dad has to be pleased as punch teaching your boy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on the count, id assume in the thousands. Uses elmers clue and just takes his time, really dont see any glue once it dries. He uses wooden dowels to make the round columns, he wraps paper around the dowel than lays the toothpicks over the paper, once dried he pulls the toothpick columns off the dowel. Its very tedious work. My little guy was so eager to learn and my dad was so so happy to teach him. Was really cool to sit back and see them both having fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve D said:

That is awesome...I would go stir crazy trying to accomplish something like that. How easy is it to move without destroying it??

I agree i could never do that , it requires much more patience than i have. They are pretty big but surprisingly very light, just move very slow...lol

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Loving the plastic on the furniture also that castle is sweet!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Haha, that couch is probably 50 years old, solid as a rock and is pristine with that plastic...lol...those old timer italians love plastic on thier couch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stubborn1VT said:

Impressive!  I imagine a project like that is relaxing and rewarding.  Thanks for posting the pics.

Yeah he says its very relaxing for him and his eyes gleem every chance he gets to talk about them. Hes done 4 like that, one for me and one for each of my 3 sisters. Each are castles, but all are unique .

Kinda looks like Trump Tower! 

That is so cool! The hours that must go into building something like that. It warms the heart to see a grandfather sharing something he loves, with a beloved grandson. Lifetime memories being made. That's what its all about, right there.

40 minutes ago, grampy said:

Kinda looks like Trump Tower! 

That is so cool! The hours that must go into building something like that. It warms the heart to see a grandfather sharing something he loves, with a beloved grandson. Lifetime memories being made. That's what its all about, right there.

I took a video of them working together without them knowing, priceless!!!