Kubota Tractors

My neighbor had a kiori.  Sitting for 3 years.  Front axle is broken.

Another friend has a lc30 new holland.  They had issues with the bellhousing breaking.  Structural issue with assembled "frame".

Old batteries have small amounts of cadmium in them.  New ones dont.  Basically a cell corossion protector.

If I did it again , I'd buy a big motored bx instead of my l series.  If I had more land I'd buy the M. 

But just an atv with 2 new plots this year.  I'm finding that very useful.  My old property was a wooded side of a rocky mountain.  The l3200 with a tires proved it's worth.  I also own a 1/4 mile long driveway.  The 3pt blower and back blade were very useful to me the past 5 years.

IMG_20170322_113957891_HDR.thumb.jpg.529

Also, don't make the mistake I did and take anybody's word on industrial (r4 ) tires. If your only pulling a finish mower on your lawn they are prob great, if you encounter mud, woods, snow, hills etc get AG's !! This was my first tractor with that style tire, and after a short month of owning tractor I already got AG's. Needless to say, R4's "may" work for some people... Not me. Hogging, firewood,tilling, food plots etc. I'll take AG's anyday!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2017 at 11:51 AM, bigpaul said:

Anyone own one?  How do you like it?  Any problems?

My family has had 2 one 30hp and now our bigger 55hp. Love both, the smaller one went through tie rods but we used it as a bigger tractor as we only had 1 bucket tractor at the time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sailinghudson25 said:

I do have to say not many use tractors to their potential.  Lots of 10+ year old tractors with under 200 hours.

Lots of guys use 7mm Mags and bigger and aren't utilizing there power either. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

So are you in the market for a rig ? What's your plans ?

Yeah, I've been looking at a bunch of them.  Test drove a JD 5055E today.  Something feels right about this tractor.  I liked it a lot. 

That's a good rig ! If you intend on being in the woods use caution on a rig that size. Especially if it has a loader. Can get tight between the trees. If loader is an easy off you should be good to go. That rig will run any hog or tiller and would even pull a 3 bottom with ease. Buy it !

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 8:37 AM, The Engineer said:

I don't know your budget but another tractor to look at is Kioti.

That is what I am going with. I have been researching the snot out of every tractor in the 40 - 50 hp range for months. I priced out a JD, Kubota, Kioti and Case IH. JD and Kubota had some nice features on them, but the price tag to go with them, and then some if you ask me. Case IH was too pricey for the same features. The Kioti had basically the same, if not a little better lift capacity, PTO power, etc as the comparable other brands, not as many bells and whistles, but a great price tag. We are picking up the DK4510HS soon.

• Like 3

On 3/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, sailinghudson25 said:

A nice implement on the back of an ATV can do alot.  A new tractor is alot of dough to spend....   Mine's only got 150 hours after 5 years of doing firewood, driveway maintenance, and some food plotting. I could of had a half dozen moose hunts for the same price.

I have a Yamaha Viking side by side, and while there are a few things it will do that a tractor cant, the price tag wasnt all that much cheaper, and the tractor can do far more work wise.

• Like 2

Another tractor to check out is a TYM.

My fil bought one a few years ago. Its around 35hp and he paid 17,000 for it with front loader.. He has around 1200hrs on it with zero issues. He thoroughly  abuses it too..lol  As a former logger, he treats the tractor like a skidder.. I was a little skeptical about an "off" brand tractor but this one passes the test.

Edited by ncountry
More info
  • Like 1

The only downside to kioti or tym or any of the "other" brands is resale and parts availability in say 10-20 years. If your gonna keep it forever, no biggie on resale but parts might be an issue. If your gonna keep it 5 years resale will hurt but parts aren't a problem. You may invest more cash up front for Kubota or Deere but you will hold your value and NEVER lose money. I sold my 79' for only a few hundred less than what it sold for new. It also worked hard and earned it's keep for 36 years !! Can't beat that !

The only other thing I have heard but not confirmed is the frame dimensions and durability. I believe that the frame thickness is much larger on Kubota, as well as axle sizes etc. They are definitely more money, but it is mostly justifiable. Again, just my .02. If your sold on kioti than grab one ! If this is your first tractor I would say go used so you save some scratch and get a feel for what you actually need then make the plunge on a new rig when you want. Granted, a 50hp is prob gonna do everything you can think of...
  • Like 2

I remember when Kubota started back in the 70"s, people said the same thing. What is a Kubota,?  LOL. 

With tractor interest rates so low, as well as the warranty manufactures offer; It really doesn't make sense to buy used in this size tractor; unless it's a real buy. Little warranty as well as higher interest rates make up the difference.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 2

Kioti was just running a killer deal actually still going on until the 1st or april. There is a dealer in Owego NY that had a DK5010 with free loader and was around $18,000 for a 50hp loader tractor. That is a steal of a deal and the Kioti has the same warranty of the other big name manufacturers have.

EDIT: I lied the deal ended yesterday. Sorry about that. Either way there will be more deals coming soon.

Here is the contact info.

Joe Signs Power Equipment

3951 Waverly Rd
Owego, NY, 13827-2841
Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

Reading grow's post; here is another thought about buying a tractor. If it is going to be used for food plotting and purchased with the backhoe option; how easy is it to remove the backhoe and convert back to 3 point hitch implements. Ground clearance is also something to consider. Most all backhoes are subframe today. Some have very little ground clearance with the subframe brackets installed. 

• Like 1

• This one is easy.... takes Mr B and I about 15 mins...hey I'm the one backing up :sorry::wink:l
  • Clearance has never been a problem ...easy for me to use and move around the property. Though I do prefer the JD track skid steer for digging...That I just back up as I dig for drainage work..So much easier and time saving. Though the tractor back hoe digs deeper. Can't beat stump removal and boulder removal

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, bigpaul said:

Anyone own one?  How do you like it?  Any problems?

Not sure if you have bought a tractor or not yet, but if you are still looking around, I thought I'd throw in a vote for Kubota.

I currently own (2) tractors, a 50H New Holland and a 38H Kubota.  I have owned JD as well. 

I bought the NH brand new six years ago, and I have had the Kubota for more than 12 years now.  The Kubota was already 15 years old when I purchased it. 

I have put more than 3x as much $ into my NH in the past (6) years than I have in my Kubota in more than (12) years - and the Kubota is almost 20 years older. 

Obviously not every NH or Kubota is the same, but I can say for sure that my next new tractor will be a Kubota.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 11:29 AM, Lawdwaz said:

What is a "shuttle clutch"?  I know how a hydro static works, seems most of the CUT machines are hydro these days?

hyrostatic seems to have its place with mower and smaller actual tractors.  bigger ag tractors typically use a shuttle instead to serve the same purpose.  the idea is going forward and backing up a often like going to a pile of something with the bucket it's a PITA to switch gears.  you shift from High to reverse, but then reverse gear is a different speed so you have to shift the number gear your in two.  with shuttle it stays in the same numbered gear and speed (High Low) you just shift between foward and reverse up by the steering wheel like in a truck.  we have it on our 90 HP 00' Kubota M9000.

Have a Kubota M9000 90HP loader and have really no issues other than it needs a new cloth seat that's worn out. Adjusted clutch once. Standard maintenance otherwise. Don't know how many hours are on it but its a tractor used on the farm. It's model year 2000.

Then have a 85' Kubota B7200 that I use for small stuff at my house like plowing and grading driveway, food plot work, and skidding small logs using ATV trails.
Previous owner had tree mess up original hood. 8200 (bigger tractor) hood was only used one I could find. Buzzed of mounting brackets and rewelded parts of them on to make it fit best in could. Only repairs are a pulley bearing on belly mower that goes on it and water pump that blew a leak. Oil changes, belts, filters, and grease beyond that. Same as the big one.68be680017f24bd4657093caf1c2bfb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I got a 1972 L185 and a 2011 L3200 hydrostatic.  Both work great.   Somedays I wish I bought more than a 32hp L series, but it has yet to fail me on anything I do.   Snowblow, mow, firewood chores, york rake.  I don't dig deep where I live in the catskills, but I do have a 2 bottom plow and it works fine too.  An old furgeson 2x14.   Just brings up too much rocks.....