Cruise Missles Launched

Just heard on news the the U.S. has launched cruise missiles on airbases in Syria where chemical weapons are stored. This is in response to the chemical attack on civilians the other day by Syrian President Assad had ordered. About 50 cruise missiles were launched by U.S. Navy ships offshore in Mediteranian.

Russians shouldn't of been there by the time of the attack. Article I read said they were warned many hours in advance of the attack and were told to leave. Other nations were also notified about the launch ahead of time according to Fox. With such a big heads up, I kinda wonder if there was anyone there at all when the bombs hit. I'm sure if the Russians were told to leave, they told the people at the base what was coming. Seems kinda dumb though, if the enemy knows what's coming, they can prepare or escape and even move the chemical weapons we set out to destroy.

This is a sh@t show. WW3 probably.  Assad had nothing to do with this chemical attack. Trump promised this disastrous geo-politicking was going to end. People are saying he has been compromised by the Deep state and now has to play their game. 

I had a sense things could go this way but I did not think the Trump Train would de-rail this fast

Edited by Papist

10 hours ago, greg54 said:

Just heard on news the the U.S. has launched cruise missiles on airbases in Syria where chemical weapons are stored. This is in response to the chemical attack on civilians the other day by Syrian President Assad had ordered. About 50 cruise missiles were launched by U.S. Navy ships offshore in Mediteranian.

Idk if assad ordered that........  just saying. 

“While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked. The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate,” said Paul, who ran for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination against Trump.

https://www.infowars.com/sen-rand-paul-opposes-trump-airstrikes-in-syria-the-united-states-was-not-attacked/

27 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

“While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked. The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate,” said Paul, who ran for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination against Trump.

https://www.infowars.com/sen-rand-paul-opposes-trump-airstrikes-in-syria-the-united-states-was-not-attacked/

I don't think Rand Paul has any beef here, whatsoever.  Presidents have many times used military actions without congressional approval.  A declaration of war needs congressional approval, but not a military action like the one last night.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I don't think Rand Paul has any beef here, whatsoever.  Presidents have many times used military actions without congressional approval.  A declaration of war needs congressional approval, but not a military action like the one last night.

Isnt bombing another country considered an act of war?   Im not a constitutional lawyer so correct me if im  worng.   But doesnt military action need the approval of congress?   

Also.  He is spot on.  The United States was not attacked.  As disgusting and horrifying as this was, the united states was not attacked.  

Edited by diplomat019

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

Isnt bombing another country considered an act of war?   Im not a constitutional lawyer so correct me if im  worng.   But doesnt military action need the approval of congress?   

Also.  He is spot on.  The United States was not attacked.  As disgusting and horrifying as this was, the united states was not attacked.  

Did we get Congressional approval to land troops in a Sovereign nation and perform an armed assault and killed people? That is how it went down when Bin Laden was taken out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

No we didnt.  Thank you for supporting my sentiment.  We need to follow the constitution.   

We can add Kosovo and Libya to that list. Our history is littered with examples with "use of force" without Congressional approval. Honestly if you read and understand the War Powers Resolution, this is fairly recent and there is nothing to stop a President from doing this (according to the WPR). There is a 48 hour notification of Congress and forces can only stay for 60 days without Congressional approval. That whole WPR kind of flies in the face of the Constitution in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Idk if assad ordered that........  just saying. 

The Syrian aircraft   flight path was tracked and showed it over target where it dropped its lethal chemical bombs.....that aircraft would have got orders from Assad,,,,,,,just saying

Edited by greg54

I'm no lawyer or anything but I did read in multiple articles that trump has the authority to launch such strikes and it wasn't a legal issue.

Whether or not we should be involved in doing it is another story. I'd rather we not get involved in most issues around the world, but if we already have ships so close by, we might as well lob a few bombs over at them. It's not like any US lives were at risk by us launching some missles. I'd much rather bomb our enemies to smithereens than put soldiers at risk if we don't have to.

Another plus, it's good training and target practice for our navy boys. Haha. I'm all for keeping them sharp and on top of their game!