selling guns

tommyc50

hi i hope i didnt confuse any one with the title, i really need you guys help. i posted on here for my friend an old hunting buddy hes 86yrs old and wants to sell his guns .well they are registered in the city of new york . i went to a rifle and pistol rangeand ask how he could sell his 30-30 marlin he has a buyer with a nyc permit ,well he told me that it has to be pluged to sell it or take it to the local precinct to get a voucher well thats out the man needs the money , i'm clueless and as you can imagine at 86 he is too any help or info would be greatly appriecated

thank you elmo i hope that i can take it to a gunsmith on the island for him i'm going to call a few and see what the cost is. now i need to vent here's a man who did every thing the right way and he gets chasized for being a gun owner its sad what happened in this city i went to dicks on woodhaven blvd to buy some sawyer clothing treatment and to buy the new rage broadheads well its a glorified sports authority it replaced, no hunting nothing no clothes or achery stuff they said cause they're in the city they cant sell hunting stuff NOTHING.its really sad it was never like this oh sure we have our share of antis . i was brought up in a culture where you were told do the right thing you want to hunt you take the safety course, join the nra, you get the rifle and shotgun permit and register your guns ,its sad your are penalized for living in the city and want to enjoy the outdoors its the same with fishing and boating with archaic regulations . please somebody turn back the clock  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

thank you elmo i hope that i can take it to a gunsmith on the island for him i'm going to call a few and see what the cost is. now i need to vent here's a man who did every thing the right way and he gets chasized for being a gun owner its sad what happened in this city i went to dicks on woodhaven blvd to buy some sawyer clothing treatment and to buy the new rage broadheads well its a glorified sports authority it replaced, no hunting nothing no clothes or achery stuff they said cause they're in the city they cant sell hunting stuff NOTHING.its really sad it was never like this oh sure we have our share of antis . i was brought up in a culture where you were told do the right thing you want to hunt you take the safety course, join the nra, you get the rifle and shotgun permit and register your guns ,its sad your are penalized for living in the city and want to enjoy the outdoors its the same with fishing and boating with archaic regulations . please somebody turn back the clock  

I needed them to re print my lifetime license because of an error made a while ago during printing and they wouldn't even print out hunting tags. If they can sell a fishing licence, why not a hunting one?

• 2 weeks later...