Question On Craigslist??

Lawdwaz

10 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

with 91 octane non-ethanol it goes i bet!   .....like 5 mph faster than an old man with a rolled up newpaper, shouting profanity, with bad cramps, and 3 seconds from a heart attack.  even faster if it's freshly waxed too.

we still have 2 around that my grandparents bought 40 years ago that start by pedaling them like a bike.  lol  They haven't run in years though.

• Like 2

back in college i was on a collegiate design competition team.  we took a Honda Silverwing scooter motor and stuffed it in a snowmobile chassis with a big turbocharger and intercooler.  despite it was still a scooter motor and capable of being pretty quiet, it couldn't have sounded more bad a$$ with the boost and waste gate dumping.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

All right guys, pass the hat . How much cash can we pool to get a pic of Larry popping a wheelie on this ? Or maybe jumping over a kiddie pool :rofl:

I'd bet that after a little practice I could do some sweet donuts in the lawn............ :)

Circa 1,983 ? My XS 650 twin, put about 50k on that bike . Id like to,get another and make it a bobber , although my shirt will stay on .....
image.jpeg

Both me and my dad have started building xs650 special bobber/choppers cool little bikes my dad's owned his 27 years. I'm looking for another doner bike if I find one that fits my build. YouTube rephased xs650 they sound awesome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've only owned two motorcycles, both bought new:  1980 Honda XL250 S and a 1981 Honda CB 650 Custom.........I still have the endorsement on my license but doubt I'll ever own another.

Edited by Lawdwaz

I used to get a shower of sparks off the center stand when I cornered hard, I wore it so thin it broke off ! Then on really really hard cornering I could scrape the down tube of the pipes, but that can lever the bike off the wheels , which is not good.

They shake like a paint shaker , leak a little oil and go through generator brushes, but otherwise bomb proof bikes .

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 2:10 PM, dbHunterNY said:

back in college i was on a collegiate design competition team.  we took a Honda Silverwing scooter motor and stuffed it in a snowmobile chassis with a big turbocharger and intercooler.  despite it was still a scooter motor and capable of being pretty quiet, it couldn't have sounded more bad a$$ with the boost and waste gate dumping.

There are several forums dedicated to the Honda Spree.....

About 70 mph with the right goodies added!