HHA ultra bowsight

kpkot

15 minutes ago, kpkot said:

4.8/5 stars on the Cabela's website linked; I didn't read them but that's a pretty good rating IMO.

I'm probably not utilizing my HHA to it's fullest potential.  I only sight it in for about 16 yards then if I have time, I'll dial it up to a further range in anticipation for a known distant shot.  If I have to make a fairly quick shot, I'll just hold a smidge high and let 'er rip.

In almost 50 years of arrow flinging, I'm easily shooting the best I've ever shot in large part because of this sight.

• Like 4

i have it on my 3D/hunting backup bow.  the dial is more weight but seems a tad more precise and easier to adjust.  they've got the same thing now with a few pins.  that'd be preferred.  fixed for most hunting situations without much clutter and moveable for practice, long follow ups, or if you feel you can cut it for a farther shot with more precision (dialing verse splitting within the pin gap).

Purchased sight today with some dad day gift cards. I got my 20 yd pin on and was just setting the 40 pin when it down poured. Another Session and i should be able to set my tape. Im really digging the single pin. 

20170618_134829.jpg

If you feel like you can shoot further then go for it. Shoot as far as you're comfortable to get that second mark and then compare the distance between that and 20 yard mark to pick your tape with the matching length. It'll be the most accurate. You don't have to do the math or do exactly as it says on paper that comes with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like running a horizontal piece of masking tape (blue painters tape) across the target when sighting in the elevation , then left and right i run a vertical piece of tape ,it helps when i only have to worry about one direction at a time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I like running a horizontal piece of masking tape (blue painters tape) across the target when sighting in the elevation , then left and right i run a vertical piece of tape ,it helps when i only have to worry about one direction at a time.

I did this lol exactly with blue tape... rain washed off. Thats how i like to sight in as well. 

especially at distance with a clean paper face on the target the horiztonal and vertical tape helps with sighting in.  even more so with the single adjustable sights a lot of people don't shoot enough arrows to get a good picture.  they adjust their sights and basically chase the openness of their groups.  in my opinion it sounds like you're doing it right.

Most guys at the range use them, I am still old school and use 5 pins.  32,42,52,62,72.

It makes it so you don't get a haze when shooting into the sun light and keep the same picture with no pins blocking the target.  Having the same sight picture every time with no compensations needed.  Eventually I will get one.

Tough to compete against them but I do ok.