word of warning

growalot

2 hours ago, growalot said:

Again you're* talking facilities not single family or farm use and I'm done discussing this with the likes of you... here let me give you what you are craving so you can feel all warm and fuzzy and go away.

http://images.clipartlogo.com/files/ss/thumb/104/104774240/shiny-gold-star-form-of-first_small.jpg

thanks. sorry that the likes of me is a well educated and trained professional in the field of environmental regulations management. 

Real easy to say what you did was wrong with out being in that persons shoes.  Real easy to point a finger on the internet and say NO NO NO.  I bet if you had the option of doing the same thing on your land or spend thousands of dollars to clean it up you would have done the same thing.  Hard for me to say it was wrong without knowing what was buried and I would probably have done the same thing if it was legal at that time. 

Remember perspective.  Don't judge unless you have first hand experience at the location.  For now Grow is right IMO and did nothing wrong with the laws at the time.  Today might be different but that happened long ago!

Yet you need to cherry pick and cut my quotes...try posting the entire thing:

(b) Exemptions.
The solid waste management facilities identified in this subdivision that do not manage used oil are exempt from this Part:
(1) Disposal areas located within the property boundaries of a single family residence or farm for solid waste generated from that residence or farm.
(2) Disposal areas for waste pesticides by the farmer who used them if the farmer complies with sections 325.4 and 325.5 of this Title.
(3) Disposal areas located within the property boundaries of a farm for crop residuals, animal and aquacultural manure, animal and aquacultural carcasses and parts generated from a farm and other similar solid waste generated by farm activities.

Again these up to date as of:

6 CRR-NY 360-1.7
Current through May 31, 2017

And put into writing after the fact...though this has Nothing to do with our burying waste a farm generated from their residence and dumped on their property years before we purchased or discovered it. Waste that had already spent years leaching into the soil that We buried deep with it After contacting authorities..No this has to do with your haha!! got  ya! moment ..you thought you had..your ridiculous and rather petty. Out of all this BS that is the one undeniable shining truth here.

Neither are single residents and farms, again and you are in the same boat as him as to the reason for this BS  just grow up...I'm sure you guys weren't told that enough as kids ..but you obviously need to have more people remind you as adults...

You go right ahead my dear...:rolleyes:

(1) Disposal areas located within the property boundaries of a single family residence or farm for solid waste generated from that residence or farm.

Webster definition:

Definition of or

1. 1 —used as a function word to indicate an alternative coffee or tea sink or swim, the equivalent or substitutive character of two words or phrases lessen or abate, or approximation or uncertainty in five or six days

24 minutes ago, growalot said:

You go right ahead my dear...:rolleyes:

Webster definition:

Definition of or

1. 1 —used as a function word to indicate an alternative coffee or tea sink or swim, the equivalent or substitutive character of two words or phrases lessen or abate, or approximation or uncertainty in five or six days

Right, farm or family, both would need to be permitted to bury trash. You can't just go bury stuff cause you feel like it. 

It's depressing that this is still going over your head. 

• Like 1

No it's depressing that it's going over yours...these all written,how many times have I point this out, afyer the fact.

Now I could  get into written legistic wording and the real world and those that understand the difference between paper and people. Those that are responsible for interpretting such papers and implementing such wording in the real world...but this being the real world not paper on a desk..it would be ponitless to do so with you. Ever hear the term digressions of the officer,ever wonder why thats ever written?:rolleyes:

Now make some comment so you can feel you've gotten the last word in, I'm done with this point. You 2 enviromentally conscious  trolls took a post about cleaning up peoples garbage and protecting wild life from serious harm and trashed it...nice job!

Real easy to say what you did was wrong with out being in that persons shoes.  Real easy to point a finger on the internet and say NO NO NO.  I bet if you had the option of doing the same thing on your land or spend thousands of dollars to clean it up you would have done the same thing.  Hard for me to say it was wrong without knowing what was buried and I would probably have done the same thing if it was legal at that time. 

Remember perspective.  Don't judge unless you have first hand experience at the location.  For now Grow is right IMO and did nothing wrong with the laws at the time.  Today might be different but that happened long ago!

So did you just judge my financial situation after stating we shouldn't judge? I'd spend the money... or maybe not buy the property.

And you're missing the point. Me and others only pointed it out because of her original grandstanding and the pot calling the kettle black.

Again your talking facilities not single family or farm use and I'm done discussing this with the likes of you... here let me give you what you are craving so you can feel all warm and fuzzy and go away.

http://images.clipartlogo.com/files/ss/thumb/104/104774240/shiny-gold-star-form-of-first_small.jpg

Oh grow... I'm talking facilities because the exemption you cited thinking you just "won" applies only to facilities. Enough.

Neither are single residents and farms, again and you are in the same boat as him as to the reason for this BS  just grow up...I'm sure you guys weren't told that enough as kids ..but you obviously need to have more people remind you as adults...

What do you do for a living as an adult, or perhaps what did you as an adult. I need to decide how "petty" I should continue to be.

9 hours ago, Belo said:

and it was probably legal back then. No debate. Doesnt make it right. GE dumped pcb's into the Hudson, allied signal polluted Onondaga lake, hooker chemical buried waste that resulted in love canal. All legal. You ok with these things now? Are you ok with the fact that they close beaches and limit the number of fish you should eat from the great lakes? 

yes it gets me riled up, because if there is any group out there that should be advocating for the environment it should be us. Except we're often very hypocritical and in some case the worst offenders. 

More than likely no recycling back then and people made do as best as possible. Glad for recycling and re-use of materials now in place. A shame what was done by large businesses that you mentioned...stuff dumped/buried was certainly short sighted, to say the least. At least, in some instances, clean-up was done or is still underway. 

Talk about the need for a clean-up, how about the Kilcher clan on "Alaska,the last frontier"...talk about a disaster area that those people live in and around the homestead...junk everywhere. Lets hope that the Yellowstone caldera doesn't blow up in our faces, killing us all with endless winter and rendering all this chit chat mute.

3 minutes ago, Merlot said:

More than likely no recycling back then and people made do as best as possible. Glad for recycling and re-use of materials now in place. A shame what was done by large businesses that you mentioned...stuff dumped/buried was certainly short sighted, to say the least. At least, in some instances, clean-up was done or is still underway. 

Talk about the need for a clean-up, how about the Kilcher clan on "Alaska,the last frontier"...talk about a disaster area that those people live in and around the homestead...junk everywhere. Lets hope that the Yellowstone caldera doesn't blow up in our faces, killing us all with endless winter and rendering all this chit chat mute.

I mean Moot...

No it's depressing that it's going over yours...these all written,how many times have I point this out, afyer the fact.
Now I could  get into written legistic wording and the real world and those that understand the difference between paper and people. Those that are responsible for interpretting such papers and implementing such wording in the real world...but this being the real world not paper on a desk..it would be ponitless to do so with you. Ever hear the term digressions of the officer,ever wonder why thats ever written?default_rolleyes.gif
Now make some comment so you can feel you've gotten the last word in, I'm done with this point. You 2 enviromentally conscious  trolls took a post about cleaning up peoples garbage and protecting wild life from serious harm and trashed it...nice job!

Technically you didn't "clean up people's garbage" you buried it, big difference.

My daughter is 9 and often she "cleans up her room" by piling stuff in her closet or under her bed. Yes her room looks great when she's done but she is taking the easy route instead of doing the job right, then again she is 9 and it's kind of expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Merlot said:

Talk about the need for a clean-up, how about the Kilcher clan on "Alaska,the last frontier"...talk about a disaster area that those people live in and around the homestead...junk everywhere.

I think recycling originated with the Kilchers. They look out across their trash and see possible raw materials for their next project. Pretty resourceful people. It looks like they don't throw anything away ....... ever! 

Well except the Kilchers all live in basically very nice  suburban houses in town . What you see on the show is basically their dump areas and some old ramshackle outbuildings from back in the day  out in the bush.

Know a person who lives in the same town.

45 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Well except the Kilchers all live in basically very nice  suburban houses in town . What you see on the show is basically their dump areas and some old ramshackle outbuildings from back in the day  out in the bush.

Not surprised. 

1 hour ago, Larry302 said:

Yeah, there is no shortage of cash in that family since the daughter hit it big in the country music business. But I assume the show is portraying some time in their lives when she wasn't bringing in the family income.