22 LR Ammo Deal

With a couple of gift cards in my wallet burning to be used I took a trip to Bass Pro to see what I could not live without. Found the best price I have seen in quite some time on 22 LR ammo, 1400 round buckets of Remington's bread and butter 40 gr hp Golden Bullets for $85 plus tax which worked out to be $6.57 per hundred. Most 22 ammo of various brands around here is going for 9 to 10 dollars plus tax per hundred so that bucket price is pretty good. While the golden bullet variety is not the best performing 22 ammo, I have found it to be middle of the road in quality and it has proven to be decent for hunting squirrels and great for practice and plinking especially at that price

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

22LR shortage doesn't seem to still exist around here.  cheap stuff like that i've seen for anywhere between 0.07-0.09 per round.  i've got some CCI Chootem and winchester stuff to plink and hunt with.  other than that it's about a case left of either aguila or Eley better quality target stuff.  both i got for 0.12 per round.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 5:34 AM, Hock3y24 said:

CCI mini mags is 7.99 here for the 100 round packs, there all i shoot now. I hate those Golden bullets and have about 2,000 id sell or trade!

just find a kid, supervise them, and let them go hog wild.  do that 10 or so times and it'll be worth the $100.  i don't like the stuff either but it definitely has its place.

• Like 1

I started using my daughters BB gun for most of my marksmanship practice.  5000 for $5.00 is what I paid last time.  The adult sized stock and "big loop" that I bought for her Daisy Red Ryder did set me back $ 40, but that made it nearly identical in dimensions to my new Marlin 336BL 30/30 deer rifle.  

I might have to stock up on some more .22 rimfire ammo however, as I have been going thru a bit of it lately on "nussance coons", and squirrel season is now upon us.  The BB gun don't work to good for that service.