Whistling broadheads

silent death

Well this should be funny.. my new Halon 32 5  with a 350 ibo and 75 rock mods doesn't like the broadheads I have I've shot 2 different broadheads montec 100gr and the freak nasty 3 blade expandables both are pin point accurate but they whistle really loud ...my arrows are cooking at 326fps my arrows weigh in at 418 grains total arrow weight . ... Anybody have any suggestions

23 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Try a different mechanical? 2 years ago my setup was very similar to that and I got no whistling.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Was told bye jim despart to use the new grim reapers white tail specials cause they are tested up to 400fps...we shall see

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

Lol na the chill r is still silent... so won't the new bow be once I start changing stuff around ...I wonder how many people use a bow with a 350 ibo with 75 rock mods which just made the bow even faster i wonder what broadheads they use

Edited by silent death

Your Mathews may be quiet, but far from silent.  You're awful proud of your IBO.  Guess we all gotta be proud of something.  I'm proud that my broadheads don't whistle.  Then again, I shoot a 500+ grain arrow, and give a hoot about speed.  To each his own.  Good luck finding a head that works.  Did you say you tried a Rocket?  

9 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Your Mathews may be quiet, but far from silent.  You're awful proud of your IBO.  Guess we all gotta be proud of something.  I'm proud that my broadheads don't whistle.  Then again, I shoot a 500+ grain arrow, and give a hoot about speed.  To each his own.  Good luck finding a head that works.  Did you say you tried a Rocket?  

I'll put it up against a Hoyt with the same specs any day ..my daughter shoots a Hoyt at 60 pounds and her bow is louder than mine

Edited by silent death