Subaru ?

Nomad

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Larry did you get a New car??

I think he did.   There was Subaru going about 25mph with its blinker on for a good 4 miles on the expressway near Webster yesterday.  As I passed it, I noticed the driver had a fireman's helmet on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ha it's a battle with the Mrs .  She keeps coming up wth other cars .....

I did my research got it down to two cars , test drove and right now 3 Subaru dealers are trying to beat each other .... 

We got married in '88 and I added up what I spent on cars for  her since then $22,500 . So she's in sticker shock . I may have spent more on watches in that time , so go figure . I bought a Rolex off a guy in San Diego , while we were  on vacation in Florida and told her after I  got it . That was no,problem ......,

Just got home from working 34 hours and well going out after , tomorrow after I hunt the morning I'll have a sit down with her .

Hope to have car early next week . Or perhaps I'll be living in it , which would be ok !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

I had a 99 Outback and I loved it.  Brought a buck home from McKeever on the roof one time and brought another home in the back once.

With decent tires you couldn't stop it, thing would go anywhere.  If I ever find the right one when I'm looking for a car I'll snap it up in a heartbeat. 

Thanks for all the input ! 

Bought this today pick it up Sat .  Eye site tech .Adaptive cruise , lane sway., bind spot warning  ,adaptive braking ,power lift gate . Went with the  zero percent financing .

Having a not a hippy bumper sticker made .

This is a internet pic . Our is the same though .

image.png

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Bought this today pick it up Sat .  Eye site tech .Adaptive cruise , lane sway., bind spot warning  ,adaptive braking ,power lift gate . Went with the  zero percent financing .

image.png

So wait, you are a lesbian or not? I’m confused. 

J/K enjoy it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

image.png

Nice ride, didn't that model come factory equipped with a OBAMA sticker a few years back?

J/K

• Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 8:55 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Van Bortels is supposed to be very aggressive in their pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Van Bortels in Victorwhen I was looking for my 1st one in 2009 . Friends of mine have had at least 3 Subarus said that when they purchased their 1st one that . They told me that Kitty VanBortel walked in the dealership and said that anyone who purchased a Subaru that day would get $500 off the purchase . Even though they had signed the papers , they were still given $500 off . When I talked to a sales person , I asked for $500 off and was told they didn't do that . I went back a second time and talked to a different sales person and was told the same thing . I went to Doyle's in Webster and told the salesman that I would buy the car if they could takes off $500 . He went to ask Mike Doyle and came back and said , No Problem and I bought the 2009 Subaru January of 2009 and in 2015 traded it in for a 2015 Forester . 

Oh , a month later in 2009 , Kitty had a full page ad in the D&C saying they were having a big promotion and giving customers $500 off the purchase of any Subaru . Too late Kitty !

• Like 1